Just booked Boardwalk balony 12695 on Allure!! Thoughts on location??

Domb23

So, I just booked a category B2 boardwalk balcony on Allure of the seas sailing on August 25th to the Western Caribbean!! I was wondering if Deck 12 is a good location for this type of cabin, or am I better off being a few decks down?? Any thoughts or comments would definitely be helpful!!

Thanks

CAS

You need to switch to a deck down to 10 or 9 and as far back (closer to the aqua theater) as possible. You are far too high and far from the water. The only plus is you are near to the elevators. Best part of BW balcony is if you can still see the water and action at the theater. IMHO, of course. We love BW balcony. We were deck 11 last time, but I thought that was too high.

So, I just booked a category B2 boardwalk balcony on Allure of the seas sailing on August 25th to the Western Caribbean!! I was wondering if Deck 12 is a good location for this type of cabin, or am I better off being a few decks down?? Any thoughts or comments would definitely be helpful!!

Thanks

CAS

We did deck 12 on Oasis. It has a secret balcony and on the concierge level so you get the best service! I agree with Linda that you want to be closest to the aft so you can watch the Aqua show and enjoy the water view from your balcony. If you don't see the cabin you want online, just call as they don't open them all up online. Enjoy!!!

We did a cabin crawl on Oasis and I didn't like the lack of privacy on the Boardwalk balconies. They are much closer to each other (the width of the boardwalk)then I imagined they would be. We actually saw on the other side of the ship who forgot to close their curtains.

So, you all think that being closer to the aft to be able to see the aqua-theater and water is better than being further away from the elevators?? Why is deck 10 or 9 better than being on Deck 12??

It depends on what you would or would not like to be close to which deck will be better for you. If you want to be able to see the shows in the aqua theater up close or sit on your balcony and watch the wake, being closer to those will be better. The lower down you are the more you will feel like you are sitting there as well.

However, if you want to see the action but "watch from afar" deck 12 may be better for you. My kids a central park balcony on deck 12 last year and I am not sure I would have wanted to be further down. Of course, they couldn't see the boardwalk so that may be different, but it was good for us.

What are looking forward to most from the cabin?

We were in 12695 on Allure for our first RC cruise! I didn't mind the location, it was easy to get places because it was so close to the elevators and I liked that I could still feel the breezes, unlike the central park balconies which seemed sorta stuffy.

If you looked straight down you saw the Carousel, straight across was other rooms. To the right you could sorta see into the Concierge Lounge and to the left you could see the Aqua Theater and ocean. I didn't feel like people were looking in my room if I was just in there but on the balcony you'd occasionally see other people on their balconies. You also had a good view of where the zip line ended. My FAVORITE part of this balcony is that it was covered by the ship so you could be on your balcony if it was hot or raining and you didn't get wet or get direct sunlight.

Here is a view from that balcony:

550876_10150872182677191_1123407545_n.jpg

Archived