Location of Beach Cabana at Nellie's Beach - ZLA6

JillianinMN

For my upcoming May cruise, I was able to grab a Beach Cabana at Nellies. There was no availability for Over the Water, or Hillside cabanas - I understand there are three different kinds:

ZL89 Hilltop

ZLA6 Beach

ZL88 Over the Water

I've been researching these particular beach cabanas (ZLA6) and am slightly concerned about the location of them. In one review, it sounded as though the Beach cabanas are behind the Over the Water cabanas without any view of the water.

My question is - where are the "Beach" cabanas located? Are they indeed among the trees and behind the Over the Water or Hillside cabanas? While the thought of a cabana is exciting, sitting off in the trees behind other cabanas is not.

Any insight you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks!

For my upcoming May cruise, I was able to grab a Beach Cabana at Nellies. There was no availability for Over the Water, or Hillside cabanas - I understand there are three different kinds:

ZL89 Hilltop

ZLA6 Beach

ZL88 Over the Water

I've been researching these particular beach cabanas (ZLA6) and am slightly concerned about the location of them. In one review, it sounded as though the Beach cabanas are behind the Over the Water cabanas without any view of the water.

My question is - where are the "Beach" cabanas located? Are they indeed among the trees and behind the Over the Water or Hillside cabanas? While the thought of a cabana is exciting, sitting off in the trees behind other cabanas is not.

Any insight you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks!

We had a beach cabana a couple weeks age and we loved the location, they are straight back from the beach, the cabana is behind a concrete wall, but your cabana is setting up above the wall so you have a unobstructed view of the beach, ship and the water. There are some trees that kinda overhang the cabanas, so you get full sun to partial sun as the day goes on. The over the water cabanas are on the rocks on each side of the beach and they do no obstruct your views from the beach cabanas. Don't worry, you will love them!:D:D:D

Keith

The only beach that is restricted is Barefoot Beach which is the suite beach. All of the other beaches are open to anyone on the ship. There is plenty of space to pull up two lounge chairs and enjoy the day. There are plenty of sunny and shady areas to relax in. Ask any one of the Beach Attendants and they will be more than happy to assit you in setting up your beach area. They will also go and get drinks for you. Take along your $1, they like tips.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I do this to myself... now I was also able to secure a ZL88 Over the Water and plan to cancel one or the other. We have a four year old, want some sun and plan to play on the beach. If you had your choice between OTW or Beach... which would you pick?

It would be hard to say. If you could get the first or second over the water, the access to the water is down a ramp. You walk right out onto the beach and the sand and water are right there. The other over the water cabanas have steps or ladders that enter the water. That would be more difficult for a four year old to play in the water. The Beach Cabanas are back away from the water a bit more but have sand all around them so playing in the sand would be easy but getting to the water would require you leave the cabana area and walk to the water which is about 100 feet away. There is sand around behind the other cabanas next to the one with the ramp. Again, playing in the sand and water are separated. If you decide on the over the water cabana, when you get onboard, go to the excursion desk and put in a request for the cabana with the ramp. Sometimes, you can set it up before you get to Labadee. If not, get up early and head for shore to be the first to ask for your cabana.

Archived