New to river cruising

caripoo

After reading all your posts, I'm thinking AMA is a good choice for us. It's our first river cruise, with 26 "regular" cruises under our belts. Our original thought was a 2-week Amsterdam to Budapest. Is that too much of a whirlwind though? Is there enough time in each city to enjoy it? Or is a 10-day, much shorter distance, cruise preferable?

After reading all your posts, I'm thinking AMA is a good choice for us. It's our first river cruise, with 26 "regular" cruises under our belts. Our original thought was a 2-week Amsterdam to Budapest. Is that too much of a whirlwind though? Is there enough time in each city to enjoy it? Or is a 10-day, much shorter distance, cruise preferable?

We're about to embark on our first river cruise (AMAcello from Amsterdam to Basel) after 24 ocean cruises. Like you, I think that AMA will be a great choice for us (fave ocean lines are HAL, Celebrity, Cunard, Crystal)

We decided to keep our river cruise to 1 week, but are following it with 6 days in Paris (a quick train ride from Basel).

Perhaps an itinerary like ours might work out for you.

We decided to keep our river cruise to 1 week, but are following it with 6 days in Paris (a quick train ride from Basel).

Perhaps an itinerary like ours might work out for you.

We would never do a cruise longer than one week and enjoy pre and post time on our own in Europe.

Hope you enjoy AMA as much as we do!

Archived