For 22 year old, which month?

Xewrsw

I booked a cruise on the Fantasy for early Easter Break (The week before Easter) as a graduation gift for my 22 year old daughter. My DS 14 and I and neighbors have been cruising for several years now but without my daughter. She has always been off doing something else or at school with conflicting schedules for travel. However she has always wanted to cruise and loves Disney World so I chose the Fantasy sailing over Easter break 2014, thus pushing it away from Hurricane season and lining up with extended family School breaks.

She just asked me if there will be any older kids around her age on this cruise. Agh....I didn't think of that. The cousins are all my son's age and younger. None of them have committed or booked yet. I am paying for her close friend to come too. Should I move the date to March or May when the ship may be less crowded and possibly have more older "kids?"

Right now it is me, my DS, DD and her friend. If I move the date it may be just the two graduate girls cruising. (Not an issue.)

What do you experienced Disney cruisers recommend? I've never cruised Disney, but I have cruised Easter break.

Ps..my husband's picture is in the dictionary under Severe Sea Sickness!

I booked a cruise on the Fantasy for early Easter Break (The week before Easter) as a graduation gift for my 22 year old daughter. My DS 14 and I and neighbors have been cruising for several years now but without my daughter. She has always been off doing something else or at school with conflicting schedules for travel. However she has always wanted to cruise and loves Disney World so I chose the Fantasy sailing over Easter break 2014, thus pushing it away from Hurricane season and lining up with extended family School breaks.

She just asked me if there will be any older kids around her age on this cruise. Agh....I didn't think of that. The cousins are all my son's age and younger. None of them have committed or booked yet. I am paying for her close friend to come too. Should I move the date to March or May when the ship may be less crowded and possibly have more older "kids?"

Right now it is me, my DS, DD and her friend. If I move the date it may be just the two graduate girls cruising. (Not an issue.)

What do you experienced Disney cruisers recommend? I've never cruised Disney, but I have cruised Easter break.

Ps..my husband's picture is in the dictionary under Severe Sea Sickness!

I would say, since you're sailing during Spring break time, there's a good chance there will be college aged people onboard. I'll point out there is an 18-21 group (formerly know as the College Social Hour) onboard. It's real important, if your daughter might be interested in checking this group out, that she attend the first nights' meeting. That's the night they meet with the CM facilitating the group and set up the things they would like to do. The actual numbers in the group can be pretty hit and miss. Sometimes only 1 or 2 people show up, other times there will be more.

Thank You for your answer Shmoo. I didn't know about the college group. I'll tell her! That does help and she is bringing a friend.

The trouble with the college break system is that they are given "Spring Breaks" during a week in March. They don't get an "Easter" vacation at all. That has been the problem over the last 4 years while I cruise with my son over Easter break, and not her.

March was a thought to me because it is the month for college breaks. So I wonder if there are more college kids with or without their families cruising during March? ......Or even May when they are out of school?

I just thought for her first cruise, The Fantasy/Disney would be a the way to go and Easter break opens.....the potential...for others with young kids, to join us.

Archived