Negative reviews Dawn Princess?

Tedirene

Hi all. Have heard some disturbing comments about the service and food on the Dawn Princess and was wondering whether anyone has been on her recently? The comments were made after her last trip to NZ. Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Have heard some disturbing comments about the service and food on the Dawn Princess and was wondering whether anyone has been on her recently? The comments were made after her last trip to NZ. Thanks in advance.

someone posted on facebook that they had a good time in NZ and the crew were good

Hi Tedirene,

I traveled on the Dawn Princess to NZ in early December. It was my third cruise so I can compare it to two other ones. I had a wonderful time and the staff were great and very friendly. We had the best room steward in Levi who would always have something to say that would make you smile. We had a terrific waiter called Leeton and his sidekick Aldrin (Buzz for short) who would entertain us throughout dinner and provided excellent service.There was always a booster cushion for the shortest person at our table and a glass of ice for drinks for the couple who had it each night ready at our table upon our arrival. We were very well looked after.

The public areas of the ship were always clean and tidy. Our room was cleaned properly no complaints there. The food was fine, your standard cruise fare with some dishes being very yummy and others being good. I didn't find any dishes that I had a problem with but one lady on our table of eight sent three things back to the kitchen. Out of eight people on a 13 day cruise with four courses each night that's not too bad, this lady also found the ship to be too hot too etc etc.

I spoke to a lot of people over the 13 days and around 98% of the people enjoyed their cruise.

Thanks for your replies. I thought the info may not have been accurate but had to ask, especially when we have booked a world on her:D

Good old CC to the fore again.

Many thanks

Ted

I was on the Dawn to New Zealand on the 28th of December this year to New Zealand. Was amazing ship was fantastic, crew was amazing and the food was unbelievable. Couldn't wish for a better cruise. If people were to complain about the ship, food and crew then they need to get a life.

Hope you enjoy your World Cruise

We did the 75 day Grand Pacific Circle last year on the Dawn and could have easily spent another 75 days on her.:D

Staff were excellent. Food was good. The only complaint we had was we missed the Bay of Islands due to the weather. No fault of the ship if the weather conditions were adverse. All praise to our Captain for making sure we were kept safe. :)

We have booked the 49 day South American cruise on the Crown Princess in February 2014 but because we enjoyed the Dawn so much we are thinking of doing the World cruise in 2014 instead.

I was on the Dawn Christmas cruise Dec 15-Dec 28 around NZ. I had a fantastic time. The crew were awesome. If I have any very mild disappointments, it is with the buffet. I thought the choices were lacking, and no smoked salmon at breakfast, boo-hoo-hoo. I coped... I also started noticing how many of the buffet staff didn't seem all that happy to me, but maybe it was because it was a Christmas cruise and they had to work(?). The ship is smaller than a lot of the other ships, so no Explorer's Lounge. That means a few less choices for entertainment in the evening. Last thing, no anytime dining because there's only two dining rooms. My travel mate and I adjusted by taking the late seating and we enjoyed our dining companions very much.

So am I nit-picking? Yeah, of course. If I felt down, I went to the pizzeria and had a tiramisu. There's nothing a tiramisu can't make better!!!

All in all, I gave that cruise a 95 out of 100. Service and food in the MDR were excellent. Like I said, the buffet was just so-so to me, but stuff like that is so subjective, isn't it...?

If I have any very mild disappointments, it is with the buffet. I thought the choices were lacking, and no smoked salmon at breakfast, boo-hoo-hoo.

I have found that if I asked for the smoked salmon, someone would go and get some for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have just come off the Dawn Princess 2 weeks ago to NZ and the food was amazing. The quality was excellent especially in the Sterling steakhouse, but also in all of the dining areas. We had room service every morning for breakfast due to going on tours every day and it was fabulous as well.We tried every eating area and was not disappointed once. We have cruised several times before mainly on Cunard and the food was comparable. Hope this helps:)

Archived