Westerdam Cabin 8002?

Lessa123

We just got our cabin assignment for our upcoming Westerdam cruise. VA8002. We were in 8006 on the Noordam last year and I wasn't thrilled with being just behind and below the bridge. This is one closer to the bow of the ship and right next to the stewards' closets (I think that is what the ship plan shows).

We were adjacent to the closet on our Princess cruise years ago and I found it extremely loud.

Does anyone know if this is also a loud location? I already emailed my TA to see if she can get us moved but if she can't, I want to know what to expect.

On the other hand, we are ON A CRUISE! I am not going to stress about it!

Thanks a lot!

Debbie

We just got our cabin assignment for our upcoming Westerdam cruise. VA8002. We were in 8006 on the Noordam last year and I wasn't thrilled with being just behind and below the bridge. This is one closer to the bow of the ship and right next to the stewards' closets (I think that is what the ship plan shows).

We were adjacent to the closet on our Princess cruise years ago and I found it extremely loud.

Does anyone know if this is also a loud location? I already emailed my TA to see if she can get us moved but if she can't, I want to know what to expect.

On the other hand, we are ON A CRUISE! I am not going to stress about it!

Thanks a lot!

Debbie

The Noordam and Westerdam are sister ships. So if you were in 8006 on the Noordam -- you were not under the bridge.

The Lido Deck is above you and the Therapy Rooms were above you on the Noordam just like they will be on the Westerdam.

The Noordam and Westerdam are sister ships. So if you were in 8006 on the Noordam -- you were not under the bridge.

The Lido Deck is above you and the Therapy Rooms were above you on the Noordam just like they will be on the Westerdam.

We were behind the bridge and several floors down but the bridge most definitely was a major part of our view. My husband found it interesting to watch the lights from the instruments while I found it annoying to be on display. I might have the cabin number wrong but the location on the ship is definitely right.

Of course, being that far forward means that we will get LOTS of walking in to counteract all the food.

I should have been more clear. I did say behind but I didn't mean directly below, sorry for the confusion.

We were behind the bridge and several floors down but the bridge most definitely was a major part of our view. My husband found it interesting to watch the lights from the instruments while I found it annoying to be on display. I might have the cabin number wrong but the location on the ship is definitely right.
:confused: The bridge is on deck 8. If you were "several floors down" I don't see how your DH could see into the bridge wing to see instruments. :confused:

This picture is from Noordam 8009. Is this the approximate mirror-image of the view that you had on the port side? (But closer in your case.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=260171&d=1360504199

993356554_DSCN0488(600x800).jpg.403d4bbd60435e83ecb1413a9cfb21da.jpg

Yes, I just went and looked at our pictures again and we didn't take any of the bridge specifically but there is one of me he took on formal night on the balcony and the bridge is RIGHT there, lol. Funny how in just 1 year memories fade.

Archived