Dream or Freedom?

july128

Hello, I cruised the Dream 3 years ago and just 1 week ago cruised on the Freedom. Both ships are very nice the obvious difference is the size. The Freedom holds about 1,000 less passengers then the Dream and to me it was obviously less crowded. Don't get me wrong, I never noticed these long lines that others noticed on the Dream, there is just people everywhere. Too many people for me. The class of ship that the Freedom is works for my family, we'll never sail on anything larger.

I did smell the odor that many say they smell on the Dream, to me that was a negative. I think on the Freedom they are asking the cabin stewards to do way too many rooms. Our rooms sometimes weren't done by noon and on other days, weren't turned down in the evening until after 8:00.

However, over all, loved both cruises, just prefer the "smaller" ships. Have fun.:p

I have sailed the Glory and the Dream. the Glory is the same size as the Freedom. The Dream offers a few more perks than the Conquest class. I found the lobby area on the Glory very crowded on our first sea day (it was cold and rainy outside). I never found the Dream crowded.

Just like on any ship - people tend to gather at the first food station they see instead of going further aft where there is another set and no line. We really like the Pasta offering and Burrito and Indian on Dream. Dream also now has the Taste bar instead of sushi. I'm not sure why the Lanai grill couldn't serve the Guy burgers. I really prefer the larger ship. Freedom won't have any 2.0 offerings until 2014.

Also, Dream late this summer is offering an alternative Eastern Carribbean Itinerary.

Both ships are very similiar in layouts. Dream is just a little bigger and offers the Cove Balconies and the nice Spa.

The Freedom IMHO, Is Better Than The Dream. The Dream Seem More Crowded!!, Did'nt Care For The Coed Sauna, Or The Balconies Overlooking The Promenade!!!

As You Can See In My Cruising Siginature, I Sailed The Freedom Twice!!!:)

I have sailed both the Dream and the Freedom (Dream twice). I liked both equally. I never smelled the "smell" that folks talk about on the Dream, and although I hate crowds, I didn't think that the Dream was any more crowded than the Freedom (but I think it's because the Dream is built to hold/handle more people) so the population of people equaled out nicely. The lines for the deli on both ships were long (but not horribly so).

The Dream has the Italian restaurant on the upper level of the Lido buffet where the Freedom has Fish and Chips. The Freedom has an adults only pool on the aft part of the ship (with two adult only hot tubs) as well as their Serenity deck.

Archived