Celebrity Summit - a few Alaska pictures! (56k beware)

Some pictures from the May 6 - 20 Summit cruise to Alaska. Most pics were taken on film, including San Diego, Catalina, San Francisco, Seattle, and Vancouver. Here are a few of the digital photos from Alaska:

Summit sits idol against the stunning backdrop of Alaska:

h55520854?i=h55520854_65562.jpg

View from the deck on a misty morning:

h55529410?i=h55529410_50860.jpg

The quintessential view of a quintessential Alaska town:

h55530022?i=h55530022_86587.jpg

My husband Bill went salmon fishing...here's the captain of the vessel:

h55520312?i=h55520312_82887.jpg

Out fishing. A gorgeous warm morning means a bad day for salmon (as they tell you in Ketchikan, salmon like the rain):

h55520667?i=h55520667_761.jpg

A few more to follow...

A few more pics...

Out of all the passengers from all the ships who went fishing, only a handful of salmon were caught. Fortunately, a good captain helped Bill land one of them:

h55520752?i=h55520752_19224.jpg

What a piece of scenery! The birds on the water are supposed to mean there are whales below, who chase the fish near the surface and attract the birds:

h55520430?i=h55520430_46520.jpg

An angry-looking little volcano...I think this one was outside of Sitka:

h55520214?i=h55520214_27164.jpg

A rainbow behind the Waterfall Grill and Bar at the stern - the one rainy day was after the final port on the way back to Vancouver:

h55530102?i=h55530102_16392.jpg

A gorgeous Alaska sunrise, to give you a reason to keep coming back:

h55529846?i=h55529846_27654.jpg

The cruise was wonderful!

Comments welcome.

Sally: Thanks for the wonderful photos !!! I was in Alaska about 5 years ago on the Mercury. It was one of my best cruises and I can't wait to return. I have been on the Summit twice and it is a wonderful ship !

Sally's been too busy redecorating her home between cruises! She's been off the boards a few days...I'll let her know to stop in again (I'm her son).

As she doesn't have an online gallery, I hosted the pics for her. She's only been surfing the net for 6 months or so...too busy on cruises to stop and go online!

I need to get on an Alaska cruise myself - it's really gorgeous up there.

thanks for the comments on the pictures. This was my 6th cruise to Alaska, and it seems I must go every couple years. Especially being from Florida, I look for something different than the Caribbean for my cruises. also try to do the Med back to Florida every fall, for the same reason. There's lot's more photos where they came from (although they are my husband's work....am trying to start to take some photos myself, he goes to bed REAL EARLY, and misses anything going on at night. Since I am generally one of the last people up on all my cruises (96), I decided I better bring along my own camera )

Archived