~~ BREEZE REVIEW JANUARY 19-27th with photos! ~~

Joaljoe

Loved the beatiful picture of your family in post #19. I'm loving all of your photographs - you are quite talented. Leaving on the Breeze in 12 days.

We're right there with you! I can't believe it's only 12 days. I usually book about 6 months out, but only booked in February this time around. Such a different mind set--all of sudden it's here. Can't wait to get away from this brutal winter. Woke up this morning, to 15 degrees and winds a howlin'.

Love this review, it's really getting me in the "gotta get packing mode".

Glad you're all enjoying the photos! I have a little bit of time on my hands tonight so thought I'd come and add a little more before making dinner. Just to comment on a few posts quickly....

Beautiful formal night picture. Hope you bought it.

We sure did! This one was the only family one we did buy. If I had it my way, we'd be purchasing all of them! lol We got a couple others, of just the kids though.

Loved the beatiful picture of your family in post #19. I'm loving all of your photographs - you are quite talented. Leaving on the Breeze in 12 days.

Thank you very much for your lovely compliment! Have an awesome time on your cruise! Wish we were going back!! lol

Beautiful family! Love your dress too!

You make my hometown look so beautiful!

Thank you! It's actually a shirt with dress pants. I don't do dresses! LOL

Glad you're enjoying my photos. :)

2nd Sea Day -

Today we went to the Punchliner breakfast in the Sapphire Dining Room. We missed the show but had a great breakfast. Staff were friendly and really quick. I guess the only thing was that there were too many of them trying to help us. We had someone come over and take our drink order, a few minutes later someone else came for a drink order.... we thought they were just confirming because they changed over waiters for that table. Not long after we had two different waiters come with teas and drinks for the kids. One of them gave the other attitude in front of us but we tried to make a joke out of it. DH ordered the Funny French Toast dipped in Fruit Loops, I had the Blueberry Fat Stack Pancakes and the kids had the Chocolate Chip Pancakes. We were all very satisfied with our choices. The blueberries and chocolate chips were not mixed into the batter, they were toppings on top of plain pancakes. Still very good though! And I don't complain over anything I ate because as long as I didn't have to do any cooking, I was happy! LOL

Our breakfast pics.....

Breeze42.jpg

Breeze41.jpg

Breeze40.jpg

After our late breakfast we spend a couple of hours at the Water Park! DH and DD had a blast on the big slides!! Our DS doesn't enjoy going down slides and hates having water splashed at his face so I generally stayed at the bottom with him. He made friends quickly so they all ended up playing together while I soaked in some sun. Once we were ready to go we stumbled upon the ice carving show, we stopped and watched that for a bit before going to change. For lunch we took the kids to the Bonsai Sushi we've all been waiting for (except for DH). The 3 of us got the California Roll with a drink. If I remember correctly, we paid just under $20 for the 3 of us. The sushi was great!! We all loved it and would definitely go back... if the cruise was longer and we had more time! LOL

Breeze43.jpg

Breeze44.jpg

Breeze45.jpg

Breeze46.jpg

Breeze47.jpg

Breeze48.jpg

After lunch the kids went to Camp Carnival for a bit while DH and I just walked the ship and took all the views in. We ended up going to the Marriage Show hosted by John Heald. That man is so awesome!! The show was not what we were expecting, but still very entertaining... so glad we went. I wish I could remember everything we did, I do know after we picked up the kids we got MORE ice cream! haha

A few more photos from around the ship....

Breeze49.jpg

Breeze50.jpg

Breeze51.jpg

Breeze52.jpg

Breeze53.jpg

We skipped the Dining room tonight because we wanted to go to the Hasbro Game Show. We were told to line up early to try and sit at the front for a better chance of getting picked. So we did, we sat in the 3rd row but it wasn't needed at all. Butch ended up coming down into the audience, and even made his way towards the back to pick people. So for those of you who are interested in getting picked, don't worry if you're not sitting in the front. But do try and sit close to the 2 main aisles. That's when the start of the fun actually begins. Depending on the "episode," the entire audience is set to play such games as Trivial Pursuit, Scattergories and Gestures. They post up the question or charade up on the big screens, and if you are wild and crazy, Butch may pick you to answer the question. If it is correct, you head up on stage to participate as part of your team. I can't emphasize enough, you need to be loud and crazy, or Butch will walk on by!!! So tonight at the 7pm show, DH got picked to go up for Simon Flash.... the hardest game to play in my opinion but he had a great time! We were on the blue team and lost! We enjoyed it so much we went back for the 9pm show. I was surprised at how many empty seats there were.... I wonder if it was because of the Bloggers Cruise and most people were doing the John Heald stuff or it may not be as big of a "hit" as they'd like it to be. We showed up a little late to the 9pm show so we sat a little towards the back and probably half way down. My daughter knew one of the answers and instinctively jumped up with her arms in the air hoping to get picked! To her surprise Butch walked right over to her and asked for the answer.....it was correct!! She got to play Sorry Sliders and again, the Blue Team looses!! It just wasn't meant to be! LOL

After the game show we headed to the Lido Deck for the Redfrog's Caribbean Beach Party! Butch sure knows how to throw a party!! He did a great job. We all had a fantastic time, even though most of the time I was one level up taking photos. LOL I don't do anything or go anywhere without my camera!!! On our last cruise, I decided to leave my camera in the cabin when we went to one of the night shows. Didn't think I would need it! Of course, that night DH was pulled on stage for a quick trivia game before the show. I was so bummed that I didn't have my camera. Never again!! Now if I don't feel like carrying around my big camera, I at least take my small camera.

Well, after the beach party it was time for bed. We had an early morning in St. Thomas the next day. I will be back tomorrow with more photos! It's now time for me to finish up making dinner.

Have a good night all!

IMG_6473.jpg

I know, horrible shot! It was all happening too quick! But there she is pushing one of the pieces.

IMG_6500.jpg

A couple of years ago, DD won a twist contest at the deck party and Butch ended up giving her a photo of himself with some info about him on the back.

Because he was our CD again, we thought it would be fun to bring it with us and have him autograph it. So after the game show, DD went right over to him for an autograph. He was sure surprised that we still even had the photo! LOL

IMG_6482.jpg

Breeze54.jpg

Getting ready to PARTY!!!

IMG_6506.jpg

Breeze55.jpg

St. Thomas -

This was our first time ever booking an excursion. We always just did our own thing but it was my in-laws first time visiting St. Thomas so we booked a tour with Sunny Liston. The tour was booked for approx. 6 hours. He met us outside of the ship on time and took us shopping to the downtown core for 1 1/2 hours. We were very excited to go to Cariloha to buy bed sheets. We saw them a couple of years ago in St. Maarten but had no space to bring them back in our luggage. This time we came prepared!! LOL We purchased our sheets and continued shopping.... bad idea! The sheets were so heavy, we purchased King Size and a couple of shirts. Their bags have rope handles which dug into our hands. We could have waited until the end since Cariloha is located right next to the drop off and pick up area but we've heard that they sell out of King size fast and wanted to make sure we got them. Anyway, it was worth all the pain and discomfort.... the sheets are AMAZING and we can't wait to get in bed every night! haha

Once Sunny picked us up, he made his way up the mountain making a couple of stops to take pictures and give us some information on the Island. We went to the mountain top for some of those famous banana daiquiri's. DH and I are not big drinkers and found the daiquiris very strong! It was a nice mid-day pick me up though! LOL The kids had a virgin banana daiquiri, now that was good!! We had about 20 mins in this area.... not enough time, that's for sure. We took in the views a little bit, had a quick hot dog lunch and it was pretty much time to go back. No time to shop and they had a huge souvenir store. We met up with Sunny and he took us to Sapphire Beach for about 2 hours. We've been to Magen's Bay twice already, so we were happy to visit a different beach. This beach was really nice, I just wish the water was calmer for the kids. I think it usually is, it was just a windier day. There were a few iguana's walking around the beach, I had a great time taking their photos. Before we knew it, it was time to pack up and meet Sunny again who took us right back to the ship for 4:30pm. We sailed at 6pm so this was perfect for us....we don't like to cut it too close.

Sunny Liston Tours was an amazing experience. We had Sunny himself, not sure how the other drivers are but Sunny is FULL of energy!! Does a lot of singing, has all his passengers participate in some singing as well. He was very informative and friendly. The only thing we didn't care for was his CRAZY driving! He's a good driver, but a crazy one!! Those steep curves going up and down the mountain almost gave me a heart attack. I don't mind fast driving, I just don't like careless driving... and him swerving in front of other cars or buses was not funny to me. He likes to hit his breaks on and off a lot....especially going down hill. So if you've just eaten, sit next to the window. LOL Like I said, other than his driving we LOVED his tour! And if you like crazy driving, then he's the guy for you! lol

We went with Package #1 for $40 per person, when we booked it he required us to pay a deposit of $10 per person through Paypal and I think they take credit cards through the site as well, not sure on that part. If you google Sunny Liston Tours in St. Thomas you'll find his site with all the info.

View from our balcony.

StThomas10.jpg

Edited by Joaljoe