2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

Hello fellow cruise couples,

I have been reading on here for awhile and decided to join today. Especially since we booked our cruise today . We plan to cruise on the " Carnival Triumph" and wed in Cozumel on March 22, 2014 . Now I have no clue where to start the planning. We want to get married on the actual beach . Then possibly have lunch in Cozumel or on the actual ship. My mom suggested we just make a reservation at a on-board cruise restaurant . Is that even possible ? Help

Hey Congrats! Welcome to the 2014 club!

Your mom makes a good suggestion, however there is no specialty restaurant (Steakhouse) on the Triumph (unless I have missed it in the deck plans). Of course there is the Main Dining Room that you can eat dinner in every night, and I'm sure you could speak with someone about getting a table or group of tables together for your party. You could even order a cake, if you do want to make it more 'reception' esque, and then even hit the disco or club for dancing! (Thats what I'm planning, since we are doing an on shore wedding, not through Carnival). Are you going through Carnival for the wedding, or doing it on your own? If you do it on your own, just google 'cozumel wedding planner', that is who I almost used for my wedding, and they were very helpful. (We ended up changing our destination) On the website, you can create your own package and kind of get an idea of what you are looking for. They will take care of a lot of details for you, which should hopefully make your wedding planning a breeze!

• 3 weeks later...

It's official! We just booked our wedding for the Carnival Dream in New Orleans on June 22, 2014! We will be doing the embarkation wedding, since we expect to have some guests that would really want to come to our wedding, but can't afford to go on the 7-Day Cruise. I didn't want the cost to restrict people that really want to be there for the wedding. We are trying to keep it small and expect to have maybe 20-25 people sailing and 5-10 non-sailing guests.

We are more excited about the week long vacation with our families than we are about the wedding. We discussed it with all of our immediate family before booking because we wanted to make sure at least our parents & siblings were able to come on the cruise.

Now I just need to get my invites done and sent out (I'm doing boarding pass invites... they are designed, I just need to print them out, put them together, and mail them out), then I can relax for a while and forget about the wedding for a few months.

Congrats on booking your wedding cruise; we were on the Dream in January - it's a great ship. Also had a suite

Yeah, we booked one of the spa suites. I figured its my wedding/honeymoon, so we deserve a nice suite. Plus it'll be easier for me & BM's getting dressed/ready for the wedding. And spa floor should be quieter with less/no kids running around. And our fellow guests are unlikely to pay the extra money for a spa room, so we are less likely to get them booking near us. Unfortunately it's my FH's first cruise, so he will be spoiled and have a hard time if we ever want to go with a cheaper room.

Yeah, we booked one of the spa suites. I figured its my wedding/honeymoon, so we deserve a nice suite. Plus it'll be easier for me & BM's getting dressed/ready for the wedding. And spa floor should be quieter with less/no kids running around. And our fellow guests are unlikely to pay the extra money for a spa room, so we are less likely to get them booking near us. Unfortunately it's my FH's first cruise, so he will be spoiled and have a hard time if we ever want to go with a cheaper room.

Smart thinking on the cabin location :)

We started out cruising years ago, first ocean view, then we would only do balcony cabins......now all we do is suites! I'd definitely say that you are in trouble ;)

Smart thinking on the cabin location :)

We started out cruising years ago, first ocean view, then we would only do balcony cabins......now all we do is suites! I'd definitely say that you are in trouble ;)

we are hooked on aft wraps which is my wedding cruise room! (haven't booked our (different ship) b2b yet for the honeymoon room:D:D) and we have most of our party booked right near us.... never thought of having everyone book away from us as a good thing (possibly reconsidering that choice).

It will be interesting trying to find the room big enough for all the girls to get ready in.... we have the aft wrap, extended balconies next to the wrap and a lot of aft balcony rooms between two floors. Will be an interesting day!

we are hooked on aft wraps which is my wedding cruise room! (haven't booked our (different ship) b2b yet for the honeymoon room:D:D) and we have most of our party booked right near us.... never thought of having everyone book away from us as a good thing (possibly reconsidering that choice).

It will be interesting trying to find the room big enough for all the girls to get ready in.... we have the aft wrap, extended balconies next to the wrap and a lot of aft balcony rooms between two floors. Will be an interesting day!

We want to spend a lot of time with our sailing guests, which is why we invited them along (Well, we basically made it mandatory for our immediate family), but I also don't really want a cabin right next door to my parents (or his) on my wedding night or honeymoon. We will spend most of our time with them and they will know where our room is, but I don't need them staying right next door. But, we also want to actually have some peace and relaxation on our vacation, which is hard with 30 family members around, so we figured the quieter spa deck might allow for that better.

We want to spend a lot of time with our sailing guests, which is why we invited them along (Well, we basically made it mandatory for our immediate family), but I also don't really want a cabin right next door to my parents (or his) on my wedding night or honeymoon. We will spend most of our time with them and they will know where our room is, but I don't need them staying right next door. But, we also want to actually have some peace and relaxation on our vacation, which is hard with 30 family members around, so we figured the quieter spa deck might allow for that better.

I heard that! I love that our families will be in attendance, but I don't wanna be next door to them...:D They want to be close to us, just so we can all know where everyone is(we have a few first timers) and lessen the chances of grandma getting lost. I originally wanted to tell them to book forward, while we booked aft, but we are splitting the difference, and everyone books aft, but they will be starboard, and we will be port side. Spa deck sounds amazing! You'll have to tell us all about it!

And Bo59rt- We have been thinking of doing an aft balcony...we may have to upgrade.

And Bo59rt- We have been thinking of doing an aft balcony...we may have to upgrade.

I have never been in a straight aft balcony (have many first timers in them tho, hope they like them!!), but we have done an aft wrap before (and for the wedding) and def worth the splurge! Our best man has the "bowling alley" balcony on the port side of us, and a bridesmaid next to him....which means get the dividers all opened up and we have one majorly long balcony!

Sent from my HTC ONE using Forums mobile app

I have never been in a straight aft balcony (have many first timers in them tho, hope they like them!!), but we have done an aft wrap before (and for the wedding) and def worth the splurge! Our best man has the "bowling alley" balcony on the port side of us, and a bridesmaid next to him....which means get the dividers all opened up and we have one majorly long balcony!

Sent from my HTC ONE using Forums mobile app

That sounds legen- wait for it-dary! You could hold an amazing fun little private celebration for you and your wedding party, and the view will be perfect! I can imagine all the perfect photo ops you will have! Oh so jealous! :)

Ok, fellow Breeze brides, I'm sitting here mad as I wanna be bc of an itinerary change that I only found out about bc I logged into my cruise manager. They changed the ports COMPLETELY. The only thing that remains the same is the departure port. I picked that itinerary on purpose bc it included Jamaica and Grand Turk. Now they want me to go to Grand Cayman and Mexico (Montego Bay, Jamaica instead of Ocho Rios). Travel agent is on vacation until August. Carnival treats me like I have a disease when I call because I have a travel agent. Well, I had these passport invites in mind, but I don't feel comfortable printing anything in stone except "Miami on a boat." ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:mad: I'm not feeling tranquil at all today.

Groom here!!! We are getting married March,10,2014 on the triumph. Cruise is paid for now we just have to book the wedding part. Going to call and start that process tomorrow. If there is anything we should know before we call feel free to let us know.

Ok, fellow Breeze brides, I'm sitting here mad as I wanna be bc of an itinerary change that I only found out about bc I logged into my cruise manager. They changed the ports COMPLETELY. The only thing that remains the same is the departure port. I picked that itinerary on purpose bc it included Jamaica and Grand Turk. Now they want me to go to Grand Cayman and Mexico (Montego Bay, Jamaica instead of Ocho Rios). Travel agent is on vacation until August. Carnival treats me like I have a disease when I call because I have a travel agent. Well, I had these passport invites in mind, but I don't feel comfortable printing anything in stone except "Miami on a boat." ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:mad: I'm not feeling tranquil at all today.

OMG girl what the heck!! Do they still offer the itinerary you want? I would be so mad! Have you sent your STD's / Invites yet, or can you change it?

OMG girl what the heck!! Do they still offer the itinerary you want? I would be so mad! Have you sent your STD's / Invites yet, or can you change it?

I don't see my old itinerary on the website anymore. I sent the STDs, but I was designing the invitations this month. I will be at the travel agency tomorrow. I like the ship and I don't want to change the date (engagement pics have that date in them).

They better give us some money back or something bc I'm pretty sure that this itinerary shouldn't cost as much as my old one.

I don't see my old itinerary on the website anymore. I sent the STDs, but I was designing the invitations this month. I will be at the travel agency tomorrow. I like the ship and I don't want to change the date (engagement pics have that date in them).

They better give us some money back or something bc I'm pretty sure that this itinerary shouldn't cost as much as my old one.

You're totally right- those itineraries are cheaper. You poor thing! I hope you still have a wonderful time and I hope they do something great to make it up to you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

And we're doing the get married then kick everyone off so we can be alone on our Honeymoon :). Don't want a family Honeymoon.. Lol

Congrats! I'm guessing your talking about an embarkment wedding and then cruise on your own? Should be fun, we wanted to get married on a specific island so everyone is coming with us! But then we get off the ship fly to PR and do the cruise by ourselves. So I def agree with the honeymoon has to be family-free. I keep justifying a b2b because I will need a vacation after the wedding vacation! Happy planning!

Ps- the only thing I know about weddings through the ship is that pictures get really expensive, so keep an eye on that.

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

Congrats! I'm guessing your talking about an embarkment wedding and then cruise on your own? Should be fun, we wanted to get married on a specific island so everyone is coming with us! But then we get off the ship fly to PR and do the cruise by ourselves. So I def agree with the honeymoon has to be family-free. I keep justifying a b2b because I will need a vacation after the wedding vacation! Happy planning!

Ps- the only thing I know about weddings through the ship is that pictures get really expensive, so keep an eye on that.

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

Thanks.

OMG - I am so sorry.......let me tell you what happen to us

We originally booked our wedding out of Tampa (we live an hour away) for 1/18 on the Legend; then they sent an email saying that our trip was canceled as the Legend was going into dry dock! STD's were already mailed out - so after much fighting with Carnival we booked the Breeze our of Miami; not the best situation as a lot of our friends won't be able to join us - I made them honor the rate for the Legend (which was a seven day cruise) when they transferred us to the Breeze (which is an 8 day cruise) and I had them reimburse us for the STDs (we had to reprint them).

We chose the Breeze because it was going to our favorite port, Tortola - wait for it........................then after we transferred everything they changed our itinerary! Yup - we decided that it was way too much trouble and several additional people had booked the cruise to change again.

So I feel your pain - I would call back and speak to one of the managers; do not accept no for an answer - I was not very nice and until I got the resolution that I wanted they transferred me all over the place and eventually did the right thing.

Best of luck to you - hope I was a little bit of help

OMG - I am so sorry.......let me tell you what happen to us

We originally booked our wedding out of Tampa (we live an hour away) for 1/18 on the Legend; then they sent an email saying that our trip was canceled as the Legend was going into dry dock! STD's were already mailed out - so after much fighting with Carnival we booked the Breeze our of Miami; not the best situation as a lot of our friends won't be able to join us - I made them honor the rate for the Legend (which was a seven day cruise) when they transferred us to the Breeze (which is an 8 day cruise) and I had them reimburse us for the STDs (we had to reprint them).

We chose the Breeze because it was going to our favorite port, Tortola - wait for it........................then after we transferred everything they changed our itinerary! Yup - we decided that it was way too much trouble and several additional people had booked the cruise to change again.

So I feel your pain - I would call back and speak to one of the managers; do not accept no for an answer - I was not very nice and until I got the resolution that I wanted they transferred me all over the place and eventually did the right thing.

Best of luck to you - hope I was a little bit of help

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to start with the travel agency because I feel like they dropped the ball. Then they need to get on the phone, fax, or computer and get some money taken off of our cruise and the prices for the block of rooms we reserved. I'm going to remain disappointed by this itinerary probably until we actually leave. I'm grateful for the fact that I didn't try to book a beach wedding in one of those canceled ports.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to start with the travel agency because I feel like they dropped the ball. Then they need to get on the phone, fax, or computer and get some money taken off of our cruise and the prices for the block of rooms we reserved. I'm going to remain disappointed by this itinerary probably until we actually leave. I'm grateful for the fact that I didn't try to book a beach wedding in one of those canceled ports.

Good luck - please let us know how it goes.......

Good luck - please let us know how it goes.......

I'm back! And I'm calmer than I was. Prices supposedly didn't change because I have a group. I spoke to the TA manager and asked her point blank why I need them if I have to keep myself informed and she was apologetic and claimed to not have known about the situation until I called. Supposedly will give my group special attention from now on. I'm skeptical and I think this will be my last time using a TA. Bright side is Nassau was removed and we have been there already. And neither one of us have been to the Cayman Islands. Thank you for listening to me vent.:)

I'm back! And I'm calmer than I was. Prices supposedly didn't change because I have a group. I spoke to the TA manager and asked her point blank why I need them if I have to keep myself informed and she was apologetic and claimed to not have known about the situation until I called. Supposedly will give my group special attention from now on. I'm skeptical and I think this will be my last time using a TA. Bright side is Nassau was removed and we have been there already. And neither one of us have been to the Cayman Islands. Thank you for listening to me vent.:)

Cayman is beautiful - much nicer than Nassau (in my opinion)

Best of luck to you