2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

My fiancé and I were recently engaged. As I have been married before and already did the BIG white wedding thing, and he has no interest in it, we didn't want to spend a lot of money on a big, fancy ceremony and reception. Neither of us likes to be the center of attention, and as I introduced him to cruising a few years ago and he LOVES it, we thought a cruise wedding might be just the thing!

My parents (who are VERY experienced cruisers) and my travel agent both recommend Celebrity, which my fiancé and I have never been on before. Does anyone have any thoughts or insight on Celebrity weddings?? We are looking at either the 3/30/14 Silhouette sailing from Ft. Lauderdale or the 4/26/14 Summit sailing from San Juan.

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! April 6th, 2014 Carnival Breeze bride in the house! I just decided what save the dates to send, but they aren't going out until April 2013. I finished our wedding website and gave access to a few VIPs ahead of time. I'm trying to be prepared and I feel like time will fly by considering all of the other things we have going on in our lives right now :)

Next up will be an engagement photo shoot at a local beach by a friend of ours. We will use the pics for the save the dates. My workout routine needs to kick into high gear, too. I'm also trying to figure out the makeup situation in Miami.

Congrats 2014 brides and grooms!

Congratulations! You are almost there! I am getting married on the Breeze too in August 2014. From what I've seen it appears to be a gorgeous ship. Please post pictures and do a review when you're done I know people would love to see it.

Yes almost there! Invites went out Nd now people keep texting me to ask stuff that I already posted on the website! And moving out of state this month. Hope all of this work keeps my pounds off!

A review will follow. I have to pay it forward!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

We are getting married aboard the Carnival Liberty on April 5th, 2014. I ma very excitied as we have 7 rooms books, 18 people attending, colors picked out, and a theme. It is a 7 day amazing cruise that I cant wait to set sail on. I have been reading many threads about how beautiful the Liberty is. I am very nervous about the location as they are limited to venues. Does anyone know of someone getting married on the Liberty? How is the Taestry room?

We are getting married aboard the Carnival Liberty on April 5th, 2014. I ma very excitied as we have 7 rooms books, 18 people attending, colors picked out, and a theme. It is a 7 day amazing cruise that I cant wait to set sail on. I have been reading many threads about how beautiful the Liberty is. I am very nervous about the location as they are limited to venues. Does anyone know of someone getting married on the Liberty? How is the Taestry room?

I am on the sailing right before you. I am not getting married on the ship though, I am getting married on st Thomas. Liberty is a gorgeous ship, anywhere you are placed for your ceremony will be great!

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

Two weeks ago prior to the closing on our new retirement home...we eloped in Toccoa, Ga.

We wanted to get married on a cruise but decided to purchase our dream home and my husband wanted to carry me over the thread hold.

Of course, we will take cruises in the future but I won't be a bride.

I will be thinking of y'all in April!

Hugs!

Donna

1236506_10202263048127086_445815234_n.jpg

Two weeks ago prior to the closing on our new retirement home...we eloped in Toccoa, Ga.

We wanted to get married on a cruise but decided to purchase our dream home and my husband wanted to carry me over the thread hold.

Hugs!

Donna

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Wishing you many years of happiness and great health

Hugs!

Donna

Omg I love it!!!! That is soooo sweet! Congratulations

So Girls! I just went on the ship tour! It was more then I expected! I got to meet the Reverend (who is a very nice man) will be marrying us and also Mrs. Jill who works with TWE (the Reverend and Mrs Jill are married). She was AMAZING! I am praying I will get her as my coordinator.:) Also the pictures the coordinator sends you from Carnival do NO JUSTICE on how the ship looks in person. The original room I fell in love with in the pictures was ehh:/ and the room I least liked in the pictures I am "requesting" it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I know we can't be guaranteed the room but to push Carnival in that direction. Also we got to find out where everything on the ship is and got to see where our room was. It was just an amazing day and makes me want the time to go SOOO much faster. So any brides that haven't made a tour. You definitely need too!:D

We are getting married in October next year. We have not decided weather to do it on ship or day before. Would I know it will be one of the two. Second marriage for both of us. We love cruising Carnival and would love to get married onboard. A destination wedding is not an option for us. Our family is not interested in cruising and as I did not have a wedding the first time I really want to have them with me. We have decided to splurge on the honeymoon with a back to back cruise so the actual wedding is going to be were we try to save a little money. Have been weighing the pro's and con's of both and have time to make a final decision. Can't wait to get married to my fiancée who proposed to me onboard the Carnival Miracle in Alaska in April.

Congratulations to all you brides.

Hi 2014 Brides!

I just got engaged a week ago and we've already booked our wedding and honeymoon on the Carnival Pride for next July! I'm beyond excited and cannot WAIT!

I'm kinda nervous about one major thing - we actually prefer that our guests don't sail with us. (Is that horrible?) We're both just a bit old fashioned, I supposed - but we feel like it's our honeymoon and we just want to be alone. When I read posts on here, I keep seeing how many guests are sailing, etc. Did those brides actually ASK guests to sail with them? Or did people just take it upon themselves that it was ok to tag along? Here's the things - almost all of our guests are local, and it will be a small wedding - maybe 30-35 guests. There are maybe 10-12 coming in from the other side of the country but, their parents and siblings live in this area so it's not as if traveling for the wedding would be their sole purpose. (If so, then I could see why they'd want to cruise also....) So I'm just trying to prepare myself mentally....are people going to ask if they can also cruise with us? Or do most people only book if they're asked by the bridal couple to go along?

THANK YOU!!:o

We are getting Married on the Triumph in March, and we simply told everyone that we want to cruise alone on our Honeymoon. It is your wedding and Honeymoon so everyone should respect your wishes.

Thanks! That's pretty much what my fiance said too. But we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Nonetheless, I personally think asking to tag along would be a bit rude.

Did anyone ask you or you just told people upfront....?

Same here. We are having a small wedding as well and don't want anyone to cruise with us as it is OUR time. Can't stop them but I have definitely told them that I would prefer to go alone as it is our HONEYMOON. I know it seems to be the trend in cruising nowadays to tag along. I think that a bit inappropriate. I don't believe anyone would be hurt by this.

Same here. We are having a small wedding as well and don't want anyone to cruise with us as it is OUR time. Can't stop them but I have definitely told them that I would prefer to go alone as it is our HONEYMOON. I know it seems to be the trend in cruising nowadays to tag along. I think that a bit inappropriate. I don't believe anyone would be hurt by this.

I don't think it is necessarily inappropriate. It is just a matter of opinion/what the individual couple wants. When my fiancé and I decided we wanted to get married on a beach in the Caribbean we decided that is what WE wanted to do. We love to cruise, and our families do as well. I can't imagine getting married without my parents or his parents there. We told them about our dream wedding and they both loved the idea. We asked if they would like to meet us there or go on the cruise, and they picked the cruise. We are looking at it as a family vacation and wedding. Obviously we aren't going to spend every waking moment with our families. We will have plenty of time to ourselves. It's as much their vacation as it is ours. We also have an extra 3 days in Miami to ourselves afterwards to use that as a honeymoon. By no means do you have to invite anyone to cruise with you, and of course it is fine for you to express that you don't want anyone to tag along. For us, and many other couples, its an ideal way of getting quality friend/family time and a wedding.

In our case we are getting married during the cruise, so obviously our guests had to travel with us. We decided as a way to spend time with our guests & also get a honeymoon of sorts, to do back to back cruises (banking my vacation from this year), obviously that isnt possible for everyone, but it was the best way for us because we were fortunate to have so many people want to come and be with us, that we want to be able to spend time with them while on the cruise. I do think however that whatever we had wanted, most of our guests would have been okay with, and as such, I would suggest discussing it with your immediate family members/those who are most important. Ultimately it is you and your fiancees day, and you need to be happy.

My apologize Kycruiser. I meant inappropriate for us. I understand that in some cases as in ccms 14's it would be necessary for guest to be onboard. I would never mean to say that what I feel is inappropriate for us would be the same for everyone. That's what makes every wedding so unique and special. The couple getting married and what they want in there celebration.

Edited by swelly71

I can finally join this list! :) My fiancé and I will be saying our "I Do's" in Port Canaveral aboard the Carnival Liberty on August 30th, 2014. Then we will be taking off on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I am hoping that many of our wedding guests will choose to sail with us, but worry that the length of the cruise and time of year may make it hard for too many to come along. At least they can attend the wedding since it will be in port. Hoping to keep the guest list between 50 and 60 people.

I originally had planned to get married aboard the Liberty on October 4, but was told by the wedding department when I went to book the wedding through them that they did not have any wedding packages available for the Liberty in October :( So, I turned into a bridezilla for 3 days as I tried to figure out an alternative (October is a much easier time to get away from work than August!). Luckily, the fiancé prefers our new itinerary to the previous one, and maybe the Labor Day weekend will mean more people can come along! And hopefully that is the only time I will be a bridezilla (I didn't even think I had it in me!) :P

Note to anyone planning a wedding: call the wedding department first to ensure they have the wedding package available, place a hold, then book the cruise, then book the wedding! I booked the cruise first :( Luckily, my deposit was refunded so no loss! And now since the wedding is a bit sooner than I had originally planned, I get to go dress shopping sooner rather than later! :)

Congratulations to all the other 2014 Cruise Brides! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are finally under the 4 Month mark now.. So time to get the invitations sent out and start making all those final decisions . Dress has already been bought but the tuxes need to be picked out and stuff. Now is when we start asking ourselves are we forgetting anything...

I am now officially a 2014 Carnival Bride! We will be getting married in April on the Carnival Sensation. This is the first ship we took on a vacation together so it has special meaning to us. It is less than 5 months away which is CRAZY!!

I am now officially a 2014 Carnival Bride! We will be getting married in April on the Carnival Sensation. This is the first ship we took on a vacation together so it has special meaning to us. It is less than 5 months away which is CRAZY!!

Congrats!!!! Yes time is creeping closer and closer. But it still feels like its in slow motion because of the anticipation.

Congrats!!!! Yes time is creeping closer and closer. But it still feels like its in slow motion because of the anticipation.

Second that! I have five months also and it seems far away but there is still do much to do. I'm staying to feel a time crunch because of that!

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app