2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

Thanks. I keep hearing how beautiful it is. We will see.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

I haven't been to Nassau either, but I have been to Grand Cayman twice, and I ADORE it. It's beautiful. Pristine, idyllic beaches. You will love it. My fiance proposed in the water there.

I'm back! And I'm calmer than I was. Prices supposedly didn't change because I have a group. I spoke to the TA manager and asked her point blank why I need them if I have to keep myself informed and she was apologetic and claimed to not have known about the situation until I called. Supposedly will give my group special attention from now on. I'm skeptical and I think this will be my last time using a TA. Bright side is Nassau was removed and we have been there already. And neither one of us have been to the Cayman Islands. Thank you for listening to me vent.:)

I don't know what it is about Carnival. I was talking to my future mother in law because she is an avid cruiser (although none of them through Carnival). She said she has never had a cruise line change itinerary on her in this manner....it has only been changed due to issues like inclement weather and not being able to tender.

What she is saying is true though. I don't think Carnival notifies the travel agents or anything until well after the fact. My aunt booked through a travel agent and they didn't notify her until a week later. Also, if you looked at the cruise through any of the travel sites like Expedia, it still showed the old itinerary for about a week. Oh man I would be so upset if I booked an itinerary through Expedia and it was already outdated.

I'm not really a fan of Carnival anymore but you really can't beat the price for what you get. It would just be nice if they could at least offer some decent customer service.

Carnival is known to change their mind on itineraries based on how they are selling or what their long term needs are--even after schedules go out. A couple years ago they had a Canadian rivers cruise on the schedule that they eliminated about ten months out in order to make it into 2 5-day Canadian cruises and last year they changed their European season on the Legend and are bringing the ship back a month early. It's one of those risks that you have to calculate when you plan a cruise wedding--on top of all of the other crazy risks.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

My daughter is getting married and going on April 6, 2014 Carnival Breeze cruise Can you please contact me at kathrynchesnut@att.net or send me the link of your Wedding Website we are trying to get some ideas Thanks and Congrats

Hello! April 6th, 2014 Carnival Breeze bride in the house! I just decided what save the dates to send, but they aren't going out until April 2013. I finished our wedding website and gave access to a few VIPs ahead of time. I'm trying to be prepared and I feel like time will fly by considering all of the other things we have going on in our lives right now :)

Next up will be an engagement photo shoot at a local beach by a friend of ours. We will use the pics for the save the dates. My workout routine needs to kick into high gear, too. I'm also trying to figure out the makeup situation in Miami.

Congrats 2014 brides and grooms!

Carnival is known to change their mind on itineraries based on how they are selling or what their long term needs are--even after schedules go out. A couple years ago they had a Canadian rivers cruise on the schedule that they eliminated about ten months out in order to make it into 2 5-day Canadian cruises and last year they changed their European season on the Legend and are bringing the ship back a month early. It's one of those risks that you have to calculate when you plan a cruise wedding--on top of all of the other crazy risks.

I was prepared for maybe 1 port changing, but not all of them. Let's see where we end up!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I really enjoy reading everyone's experience and tips. I hope my post can help anyone with any information they need for their wedding.

My fiancé proposed on April 12th and immediately we knew we wanted a wedding with beach and cruising. We decided on the wedding date march 8th as that was the date we first met.

I looked around at different cruises and found two cruises that leave out of Miami in that timeframe. RCCL and Carnival.

RCCL had two stops, Nassau and Cococay. Carnival had one stop, nassau. After much research, we came to the conclusion we wanted to get married on the island instead of the ship. My decision to get married on the island also affected which ship I decided everyone was going to take for vacation. As far as canceling the port, it's very rare as its a great time of year (weather is perfect, no hurricanes). It's the only port as well and someone told me Nassau is a very large port so it is rare they cancel to Nassau.

I booked a cruise on Carnival Exctasy leaving Miami on Friday, March 7th, 2014.

We arrive home on Monday morning. The boat arrives in Nassau on Saturday am and leaves sunday morning. I chose this cruise because we have all day and almost night to stay on the island. My ceremony and reception starts at 4:30 pm in Sandyport Beach. After the reception, we are heading over to the Atlantis for an afterparty.

With that said, after I did my research I also found out that there is a residency requirement for Bahamas. my fiancé and I would have to get married in Florida prior to the trip. You have to be in Bahemian waters 24 hours if you want to be legally married.

I looked up several wedding planners in the Bahamas. Anne Marie Williams with Weddings in the Bahamas and Anna Mae Fox. They both have amazing reviews and are reputable, reliable wedding planners. I decided to go with a

Anna Mae Fox. She has been wonderful and easy to work with. She is very prompt in emails and always answers my questions and concerns.

I looked at several locations for the wedding and decided on the Poop Deck lol yes, I know it sounds funny. When I originally saw the name, I thought there is no way I am having my wedding at a place that has POOp in it haha. After reading many reviews and research, I chose the Poop Deck in Sandyport. They have a beautiful private beach and reception area only for your wedding. Other places I looked at, you would have your wedding coincide with another group or public beach area.

I gave a deposit and booked the venue and planner.

I sent out the save the dates in July and am getting ready to sent my invites out next week. That would give everyone 6-7 months to plan.

I am using a travel agent (friend of a friend) to help with booking the cruise and accomodations because we are inviting 85 people.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey tranquilreign

Lucky! Got my dress veil shoes and made my hairpin and jewelry!

April definitely can not come fast enough! So many more details to address!! I know you know the feeling.

I do have a question. When you booked did they let you choose the package you wanted? I wanted the small one with only 8 people at port and they told me all they had left was the Deluxe Romance Package. I kind of thought that was weird. But initially I was going to get hitched in a plantation home so the price of this was still fine.

Yes they let me pick the package. I booked immediately after I got my ring though! It sounds weird that they wouldn't let you pick a less detailed reception unless they just want to be greedy. Maybe ask your coordinator by email about it or call and speak to a different wedding booking agent.

Hey tranquilreign

April definitely can not come fast enough! So many more details to address!! I know you know the feeling.

I do have a question. When you booked did they let you choose the package you wanted? I wanted the small one with only 8 people at port and they told me all they had left was the Deluxe Romance Package. I kind of thought that was weird. But initially I was going to get hitched in a plantation home so the price of this was still fine.

Hey tranquilreign

I was told that they allow only one of each wedding package for each sailing. So if they told you the deluxe package is only one available, that should mean someone already booked the small package for that sailing.

Thanks for the reply! I was wondering about the package. The customer service did tell me there would be 3 weddings going on that day and I was the 3rd one . Also do y'all know if we get to choose the room? I have read some brides got to change the room because they didnt like the room they got. I know it says based on the amount of guests you have is what room you will get. I did book the dj friday so im hoping to get the disco room but I will only have a max of 20 guest.

Just wanted to let all you ladies know that this is a cute easy printable wedding invitation. I was looking for an easy cute nautical theme invitation for the wedding and came across this site. It is all free and you can choose the colors.

http://www.weddingchicks.com/freebies/invitation-suites/nautical-invitation-suite/

This is a copy of how I am doing mine and a monogram I am going to print on the envelopes! Hope y'all can use this too!:)

weddingchicks-download-1378044136.jpg.32f89e335659c525025d4810b36d923c.jpg

weddingchicks-download-1376068068.jpg.7c747e2c9e6463d9306ec674356fbe57.jpg

Thanks for the reply! I was wondering about the package. The customer service did tell me there would be 3 weddings going on that day and I was the 3rd one . Also do y'all know if we get to choose the room? I have read some brides got to change the room because they didnt like the room they got. I know it says based on the amount of guests you have is what room you will get. I did book the dj friday so im hoping to get the disco room but I will only have a max of 20 guest.

I'm not sure if you can have any choice on the rooms. I'm sure they will probably accommodate as much as possible. I believe if you have DJ, the reception has to be in the nightclub.

That's what I was told, too. Reception will be in disco if you get dj. They sent me pics of possible ceremony sites and I told her my preference.

I will send pics! I am asking for a pre-tour! I don't know if they will allow it but I read another Bride was allowed. Will find out soon!

That's what I was told, too. Reception will be in disco if you get dj. They sent me pics of possible ceremony sites and I told her my preference.

I haven't even asked or looked at the possible ceremony sites. Most of pics I've seen on Carnival Dream all appear to be in same room though. But I'll have to ask my wedding coordinator about what the different locations are.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone!

Wow... I thought I was gettiing started too early. Not anymore! We are planning a cruise wedding for May 2014. I'm not sure which cruiseline yet, but we are definitely doing an Alaskan Cruise out of Seattle, WA! I live in Hawaii and spent many years in Florida, so I'm over the tropical stuff! I need a change of scenery!

I'm looking forward to this thread... I'm so hesitant about so many things involving the wedding. Most importantly, the service which will be provided by the cruise company and wedding planning company. I'm so afraid that once I get there they will be like, "well, this is what you get. Sorry if you don't like it". Oh well, I'm sure everything will work out.

Talk to everyone again soon! :p

Went on the Alaska cruise in 07 and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! and Seattle is such a lively place! Def have to visit the market place! Make sure to take lots of pics. I also got a pic of the end of a rainbow where it meets the water! AMAZING! Congratulations of getting married!

Edited by Honeybun25
date

Just wanted to let y'all know you CAN set up a date to tour the ship before the wedding! I am with Carnival and got my date set up for 10-19-13 SO EXCITED!!

Yep, it's true! We went on ours last month. I am going to request another one in February so I can finalize the decorations we're doing. :)