video from attorney who has sued carnival.....

only1deejay

wow! to listen to this attorney Carnival is worst than Wal-Mart!

all they mention is the $500 compensation. They did not mention the full refund and another cruise !

I agree, if I were on that cruise, it would have been HORRENDOUS! But, I am not the suing type. I would not expect huge compensation.

now, the crew - they deserve huge compensation! They had to deal with everyone's discomforts and clean up after everyone!!!

Another "ambulance chaser" blow hard who continues to bad mouth the cruise industry for the "passenger contract" and never addresses the issue that every passenger is provided a copy of that contract and can read it and decide for themselves if it is fair or that they will cancel. Look up the definition of "tool" and his picture is there. Now don't get me wrong, could the cruise line have handled things better, maybe so but can anyone spell "personal responsibility".

Some ppl say they wouldnt sue but it depends on what your level of expectation is in terms of how the issue was handled. Personally I would not be satisfied with $500. In my opinion it is not adequate compensation for the ideal the passengers endured. I certainly wouldnt expect to be compensated $45,000 or even $10,000. Also there were no casualities from my understanding on the ship. But need to consider lost wages as well as other issues, therefore handling claims on a case by case basis not class action lawsuit. It a well know fact the ship had issues prior to this sailing. It was posted on the boards by members who had recently traveled on the Triumph. I feel bad for the future travelers as well. There are people who will seek a grand payday for the unfortunate event. But I dont feel they deserve more than $500.

The first cruise was over - the people had a good time and get a full refund for that cruise, then they got a free 4 day camping cruise, and another future free cruise. Plus $500. Plus transportation costs. Plus a free night or three in New Orleans

Pay for a 5 day cruise and end up with a 10+ day vacation + spending money.

No doubt the ambulance chaser wants his 30-40% of that,

I would not sue but I think instead of offering another free cruise they should have upped the $500. A lot of people will probably not use the free cruise . Several years ago my husband & I were mugged in the Bahamas at The Atlantis . We were not injured seriously . The hotel upgraded our room & paid for the best meal plan available . They also gave us a certificate for a free return visit . We never returned . We just never felt comfortable returning .It would be like reliving a nightmare . I know most people can not imagine that some of these people will not want to cruise again but I would bet at least 25% never use that free cruise .

It is unfortuate that this incident happened, and I know the passengers went throught hell. It is a blessing that there was no loss of life or serious injury, But it is what it is, an unfortunate accident. If anyone read the contract agreement BEFORE booking or finalizing thier cruise they would know what to expect in this type of situation. On my first curise I read the contract and made the dicision to accept that agreement. I have cruised 4 times since and I'm planning on booking another in Nov. Next thing you know people will be suing resorts when it rains for a whole week while they are on vacation!

Archived