Just back from the Epic today

david_sobe

Since I was on the same sailing as David....

(1) iConcierge. It costs ... $7.95 per person,

Thanks for the info. I might try as we are group of 57 (17 cabins) sailing together and might be better option and spending for walkie-talkies:)

Since I was on the same sailing as David....

(1) iConcierge. It costs ... $7.95 per person, I think, to use the call/text functions. If you're all in the same cabin, you can use cabin messaging for free, as long as you don't mind (a) having to check for the messages (unlike the call/text, they don't push to the phone), and (b) everyone in the cabin with iConcierge being able to read the message. You can always use the schedules, reservations, and shore excursion portions for free. I used it all the time to keep track of what was going on where and when, and used it a couple of times to make reservations for the specialty restaurants. From what I understand, the call/text functions work over iConcierge, rather than working like a normal phone, so it's all VoIP and IP messaging. I seemed to keep connecting and disconnecting to iConcierge when my phone went to sleep, so I suspect it might be a bit problematic.

(2) Internet and tablets. I don't have an iPad, so I can't speak to that directly. My Nexus 7 seemed to work just fine, and logged out when I wanted it to. Sometimes that meant going back into the web browser, which I had previously closed, and directing it to logout.com to log out correctly. It seemed to work just fine. My bigger complaint that that Epic had fewer 2-for-1 Internet days this time.

(3) I went to both martini tastings, which had different cocktails. That's ... a lot of alcohol. (4 full-sized martinis for $15 in about an hour.) A good number of the people who did both split the drinks the second time. I missed the margarita tastings because they were too close to the martini tastings.

Could you tell me what days & times the Martini & Margarita Tasting were scheduled for? Should we have something to eat before we go?

Could you tell me what days & times the Martini & Margarita Tasting were scheduled for? Should we have something to eat before we go?

Sunday & Thursday at 2 pm (Margarita) and 3 pm (Martini). It all depends on your own tolerance, really. A slightly late lunch, along with the snack mix at the bars, should be fine, especially if you're just hitting one of them.

Yes I think regular seating is $5 or $10 less

Now everything is premium seating upstairs and downstairs

They classify regular seating in the back booths on ground level

Hi David! Thanks for all of the info so far! I booked the standard seats for Cirque. Do you think I'll be able to see anything if I'm all the way in the back?

Thanks!

I'm so glad that someone else mentioned the whistle guy in the Cirque Show. I had never seen Cirque before and found it so annoying with the people running around and the horrible whistle. also if you get seated in the booths downstairs, which is not preferred, you can not see when the acrobats go high up. was not worth the extra money!

Sunday & Thursday at 2 pm (Margarita) and 3 pm (Martini). It all depends on your own tolerance, really. A slightly late lunch, along with the snack mix at the bars, should be fine, especially if you're just hitting one of them.

Thanks, I have that on my "to do" list.

Archived