Just back from the Epic today

david_sobe

Welcome back, David!

As for pictures, most use an online picture service and then copy the link for the picture they want, and then click on the "insert image" icon above to put it in the post. For example, here is the web page on a photo service called Fotki for a picture I took last week of a double rainbow:

http://public.fotki.com/ritchiefamily/san_diego_family/2013-pictures/january-2014/img-5577.html

What I do is right click on the picture, choose "copy image location", then come to the post and click on the "insert image" icon, paste the image location in the window, and viola!

IMG_5577-vi.jpg

Other services probably work in similar ways

Did not notice any new vodka nor did I look for any. I used to love vodka but as I get older, it really gives me a hangover. So now I try to avoid vodka. But I did discover some nice martinis with a whiskey base.

Drank several Apple Manhattans. It is an apple flavored but whiskey based martini. Very good!

Thanks David. I fear the Mrs. may have to find a new drink of choice for the week. ;-)

Sorry the cruise is over but you did get on her :)

1- Do you have the latest O'Sheehans menu?

2- What is the best place to have breakfast, buffet, MDR, etc?

3- Cagneys only shows seafood appetizers I not eat seafood do you know whether they substitute something such as a fruit cup for the appetizers?

4- Which restaurant was your favorite?

5- How was La Cucina? Would you eat there again?

6- What is the best place to eat lunch in your opinion?

7- Do you have the latest copy of the bar menu and did you get the Ultimate Beverage Program, if so, how was it?

Thankyou.

I dont have anything on the ultimate beverage program..... sorry

Favorite restaurant is hard to pick. Liked cagneys and teppanyaki was good too. The best meal of the cruise was the wild mushroom ravioli at the Epic Club. Surprise!

I kept hearing about this wonderful filet at Le Bistro. Was not impressed.. but more on that later.

Best place for breakfast? No matter where you eat, it is all very similiar. For example, they have the same exact french toast and waffles from the buffet to Epic Club.

Dont have an O'Sheehans menu but did not see anything jump out at me as different than last time. The wings were ok... never served hot, always warm

LOVED the pot pies and had 4 of them this time. BIG improvement since last time. In 2010 there was a small rectangle dish with very runny gravy little chicken and an extremely thin crust top. This time it was a REAL pot pie. Lots of chicken, veggies, and a full, thick and round crust on top. However, my 4th pot pie of the cruise was different...it was a bowl of chicken stew with a bisquit on top. It was still good but lacked the visual of the others. Menu had the fish and chips, hot dog etc. The hot dog was very small and not like the big beef variety you get at some land restaurants.

I found the food even all over the ship. The buffet had a dish called "Maryland Chicken" that was delicious. It was some sort of fried crusted coated chicken breast. And they had mashed potatoes that could be served in a specialty restaurant.

La Cucina was a disappointment for me. Dont like the new pizza as much as the old ones. Prefer the old bread too. I got the rigatoni and meat balls. Wost meal of the cruise. Any pasta at the buffet would have been better. And the meatballs were terrible. I have never had a bad meatball before and did not eat them all. However, I had authentic Italians in my group and they loved their lasagne and beef carpacio and gnocci. But for me, the rigatoni was nothing special and had better rigatoni at the buffet on the Sky.

I'm glad you told me, David. I grew up on the jersey shore, and am also very used to being in Florida at the beach. I'd be very disappointed with this. I am fine with spending the day on the ship, and I'd rather do that. Thanks!!

Just check out the reviews. I thought it is misleading to call it a beach break. Yes there is sand but no ocean :( When I think of a beach.....I think of an ocean.

The rear of the island is ocean front but no swimming since it is covered in giant rocks But people with small kids like this set up since there is no big waves or ocean to sweep away their kids.

Having a big ship like Epic almost empty is a dream come true. Get any chair you want and the pools are not packed. But if you love the beach, check out the beach resorts in Nassau that sell a day pass.

Welcome back, David!

As for pictures, most use an online picture service and then copy the link for the picture they want, and then click on the "insert image" icon above to put it in the post. For example, here is the web page on a photo service called Fotki for a picture I took last week of a double rainbow:

http://public.fotki.com/ritchiefamily/san_diego_family/2013-pictures/january-2014/img-5577.html

What I do is right click on the picture, choose "copy image location", then come to the post and click on the "insert image" icon, paste the image location in the window, and viola!

IMG_5577-vi.jpg

Thanks Mike

I will experiment with this later. I mean how can you have a great review without pictures!!!!

Welcome back David! Quick question on the St. John excursion. Did you do the Champaign catamaran excursion that goes to honeymoon beach or was that the one that was sold out? We have that one booked and I am hoping it is great!

Welcome back David! Quick question on the St. John excursion. Did you do the Champaign catamaran excursion that goes to honeymoon beach or was that the one that was sold out? We have that one booked and I am hoping it is great!

This was the first cruise we did not pre-book any excursions. We love St John and thought about going to trunk bay. But sadly found out that ALL St John excursions were sold out. Later I heard that one of the boats that goes to St John had engine problems and they ended up cancelling Trunk Bay and moving to another beach. Somehow the hike to Honeymoon beach became available the morning of St Thomas so we booked it. We did it last time and wanted to see another beach on St John. Supposedly Trunk bay is nicer but more crowded. When you see my pictures and video of Honeymoon beach, I am not sure how it could be nicer.

SO long answer short, no we did not do your excursion and I would imagine it was sold out since the concierge told us ALL St John excursions were sold out.

Hopfully your boat allows you to get off at Honeymoon beach and experience the white soft sand and the water there. You must experience this and not just look at it. Check my review later for video and photos.

Thanks for the discussion on Cirque. I've seen Cirque du Soleil in Orlando. I did not expect a reproduction of the same exact style of show, especially on a moving ship, but at $40 a pop, I did expect better than the current descriptions. I'm disappointed but it sounds as though my $ can be better spent elsewhere.

The more I read about cuts on the Epic, the less I am looking forward to trying it out. Only thing I'm really looking forward to on it anymore is my oversized balcony, Blue Man Group, and bowling at sea for the fun of it. I just booked the Sun out of Tampa for 2015. Nothing like tried and true. At least I'll know what to expect, (unless they start cutting things there too. Ugh).

Thanks for the clarification. Did regular seating also go up?

I remember when the Epic first came out and it was $15 and $20. Doubt I would go for $40.

Yes I think regular seating is $5 or $10 less

Now everything is premium seating upstairs and downstairs

They classify regular seating in the back booths on ground level

Welcome back, David!

IMG_5577-vi.jpg

Mike

Still having problems. I uploaded the pictures... no problem

When I cut and paste the link, only a red X appears

HELP !

Mike

Still having problems. I uploaded the pictures... no problem

When I cut and paste the link, only a red X appears

HELP !

Hi David. If you want to email me at sdmike1@gmail.com with a link to your picture album I can see if I can help. I'm not sure who you are using, and therefore I'm not sure of the best way.

Archived