Tahitian Princess questions

travelgirl913

I have never sailed on Princess before and I was wondering if everyone that has sailed on the Tahitian princess could help me out with a some questions.

On the 10 day sailing I know there are two formal nights are the rest casual only? or are some in-formal?

Could you please tell me what nights are the formal nights?

Are there any other nights with special meals or things going on in the dining room not to miss? I am asking so we can plan what nights to eat at the specialty restaurants?

What are the surcharges at the specialty restaurants?

For breakfast with room service can you just write anything you want on the order form and they will bring it to you like Celebrity?

I have read some people post before leaving the ship on the last day they were allowed to stay into the evening in their cabin until their flight left? Disembark time says AM on the Princess website and my flight is at 9pm. I was wondering if anyone could confirm that you can stay on the ship until your flight?

On days at sea what type of activities were there to do?

Is the main restaurant open for lunch daily?

Thank you for your help!!

The other nights were resort-casual. Since it is a tropical destination many women wore sun dressess or tropical-type print tops, lots of cropped pants in white or brights. The passengers were from all over the world (more so than on a Caribbean cruises) so there was a huge variety of dress. Many younger women wore fashionable jeans with high heels and dressy tops.

We were allowed to stay on the ship until our flights but had to leave the cabin before 10am. You can check your carry-on luggage in one of the restaurants.

Enjoy your cruise. It was our favourite cruise destination do far !!!

For breakfast with room service can you just write anything you want on the order form and they will bring it to you like Celebrity?

We were in a mini suite and we just wrote in the items we wanted, that we knew were available, and they were delivered, no problem.

I have read some people post before leaving the ship on the last day they were allowed to stay into the evening in their cabin until their flight left? You are allowed to stay on the ship but you must vacate your cabin by late in the morning, I think it was around 9-10 AM. As stated, you can check your carry ons at the Sterling Steakhouse so you don't have to lug them with you all day long. But I would suggested checking them out a bit early as the line gets very long right before it is time to leave for your flights.

Have a great cruise!

There are 2 formal nights. I'm suprised to hear people wore jeans to the dining room. On celebrity they were turned away with jeans on any night.

Well I must say I am guilty of wearing jeans in the dining room! :)

I personally wouldnt wear them during formal night but I think other nights its ok...

I have read some people post before leaving the ship on the last day they were allowed to stay into the evening in their cabin until their flight left? Disembark time says AM on the Princess website and my flight is at 9pm. I was wondering if anyone could confirm that you can stay on the ship until your flight?

As mentioned above you have to be out of your room by mid morning. Your carry-on luggage can be checked as mentioned. Checking it in is a zoo. Suggest getting in line early or wait for the crowd to die down.

We took an island tour we picked up on the pier. We were gone most of the day and got back in time to have dinner, get our luggage and wait for our number to be called for transfer to the airport.

One thing you need to be aware of is there are no shower facilities available. We did a "sink shower" in a restroom. There was some discussion of possilbly being able to use the Spa facilities but we did not explore that. Some folks were upset because they were not going to be allowed back into their cabins the shower and freshen up before heading to the airport. I do not understand why they expected to get back in... next folks may have been there or a least the cabin steward would have to turn around the room again.

you might want to think about staying on tahiti an extra night after the cruise, if you can, or going to one of the resorts on the island and booking a day room. You can stay on the ship until evening though not in your room, but at least for us, there is not much to do to make time pass. Most people were dressed up for formal nights both times we have been on her. We did see one pair of jeans this last time but that was it. Tahiti is usually pretty warm and jeans are not the most comfortable of choices.

As mentioned above you have to be out of your room by mid morning. Your carry-on luggage can be checked as mentioned. Checking it in is a zoo. Suggest getting in line early or wait for the crowd to die down.

We took an island tour we picked up on the pier. We were gone most of the day and got back in time to have dinner, get our luggage and wait for our number to be called for transfer to the airport.

One thing you need to be aware of is there are no shower facilities available. We did a "sink shower" in a restroom. There was some discussion of possilbly being able to use the Spa facilities but we did not explore that. Some folks were upset because they were not going to be allowed back into their cabins the shower and freshen up before heading to the airport. I do not understand why they expected to get back in... next folks may have been there or a least the cabin steward would have to turn around the room again.

How wonderful it must have been to sail TP back to back!! That's good information that you can get on then off again while waiting for your plane. I'm shocked to hear they give you dinner too. Are you allowed to eat in the main dining room with new passengers coming aboard?

Since you just sailed on TP can you answer any more of my questions posted above?

Thank you for your help!!

There was a rumor before our cruise in October (read about it here on CC) that you could use the showers in the spa the final afternoon. A group went to do just that and the spa staff had a fit about it. One passenger got so angry he said he was heading to the pool showers with his bar of soap and they told him he 'couldn't do that'. They did let a few of them in to shower but that was it. I have to admit, that last day when it is hot and humid that it would be nice if Princess did something to arrange for passengers to shower and freshen up before heading to the airport. But alas, they really don't accomodate you much except to feed you that last day.

I have to admit, it isn't the nicest way to end a 10 day cruise in paradise. Hot and stinky after an entire day outside or on the ship. Several hours in the non-airconditioned airport and then a minimum of 8 hour flight home (although for some of us it is much longer than that). They really need to come up with some sort of plan for that last day, lots of people get really cranky! :mad:

There was a rumor before our cruise in October (read about it here on CC) that you could use the showers in the spa the final afternoon. A group went to do just that and the spa staff had a fit about it. One passenger got so angry he said he was heading to the pool showers with his bar of soap and they told him he 'couldn't do that'. They did let a few of them in to shower but that was it. I have to admit, that last day when it is hot and humid that it would be nice if Princess did something to arrange for passengers to shower and freshen up before heading to the airport. But alas, they really don't accomodate you much except to feed you that last day.

I wonder why they care about passengers using the spa showers? New passengers wouldn't be getting treatments then anyway and all passengeres are entitled to them becuase of the gym.

Your right it would be nice if Princess arranged that since we have a 13 hour flight home, then a 2 1/2 hour ride from JFK. I would imagine the only thing to do is either read a book in a lounge or lay out at the pool. I'm sure suntan lotion on me all those hours wouldn't be comfortable.

I am really not sure. We thought we could use them so we weren't at all worried about it. Then the first small group went up to check and they actually got into an arguement with the spa staff. The staff said that the disembarking passengers were not supposed to be using THEIR showers. ARGH! Needless to say, we weren't up for a confrontation that last afternoon, so we just gave up and flew home all stinky and uncomfortable. I do know those that came back were really hot under the collar in more ways then one when they were told they couldn't use them.

On the 10 day sailing I know there are two formal nights are the rest casual only? or are some in-formal? Could you please tell me what nights are the formal nights?

On the Cook Island trip the first night was the at sea day after Huahine. The second was the evening we left Bora Bora. (Had to go check my pictures). All of the rest are casual. I just wore a Hawaiian shirt or polo shirt the other evenings

Are there any other nights with special meals or things going on in the dining room not to miss? I am asking so we can plan what nights to eat at the specialty restaurants?

The second formal night is the baked alaska parade. Also, the steak house and Italian restaurants are open on alternate nights.

What are the surcharges at the specialty restaurants?

Twenty dollars as I remember. We did not use them

They have a form you fill out and hang on your door knob. Continental style is best to describe. Fruit / juice / cereal / pastries / coffee are the type of things available

On days at sea what type of activities were there to do?

The standard stuff... art auctions / bingo / trivia / craft sessions / ice carving and fruit carving are some I remember.

Is the main restaurant open for lunch daily?

Yes.. every day

I'm shocked to hear they give you dinner too. Are you allowed to eat in the main dining room with new passengers coming aboard?

Yes.. there was no "checking" of who was new or old passenger. I remember having dinner in the main dining room the last night of our first cruise and seeing people we had seen all week. Some even had to get up and leave before desert because their number was called. Because we saw this we did the same on the last night of our second cruise when we were getting off.

Archived