2014 -- Amsterdam -- Kodiak

Krazy Kruizers

the June and August 2014 cruises do not go to Skagway where we had hoped to do the tour to Emerald lake either via private van or train and van combo....so I was just looking for things to do in Homer and Kodiak and the search popped up with this thread, so I thought I would add in the itineraries for 2014 . Anchorage is from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., so I have emailed for info from Major Marine on their transportation and PWS packages. Serious contender for us to book.

Skagway is not on any of the 14 day itineraries for 2014. They will be stopping in Icy Strait instead. As for Anchorage, our 2011 itinerary originally was listed with the times you have posted. Turned out that the ships that summer, ended up docking after 8:00 a.m. I believe people were disembarking closer to 8:30 a.m. I had originally planned to take an independent PWS tour, but with the later docking time, we were afraid to risk being able to pick up the rental car and get to Whittier in time. (our tour was originally scheduled for 10:00 a.m. The vendor was willing to change it to 11:00 a.m, but no later.) We just ended up booking this excursion through the cruise ship. Turned out well, but I would have preferred having our own car to make stops on our way back from Whittier. Try to watch the posts of people who are on this cruise before you and see what time they are actually docking in Anchorage next year.

Wilma and I are on the earlier cruise. The ports of call are as you state, the sailing date is May 18th 2014.

While we have not been to Anchorage or Homer, we have seen the rest of the ports. We found that the bus ride at Kodiak was very good, it included a tour of the 'winery' and since we come from wine country we found it interesting. The wine, made from local berries was nothing to write home about, but the shirt that I got there never fails to draw a comment or two,when I go wine tasting at home.

I have just started a thread for the cruise.

john

For some reason I stated a thread on the WRONG ship. Sorry about that.

Archived