The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

I've scanned this thread and haven't noticed an answer to my question.

If my sister and her husband buy the Cheers program and offer their cards to myself and my husband (different last name than my sister and her husband) to take to a bar so we can each get a drink, will the bartender or drink waiter have a problem if we sign our own names on the slip?

If my sister and her husband buy the Cheers program and offer their cards to myself and my husband (different last name than my sister and her husband) to take to a bar so we can each get a drink, will the bartender or drink waiter have a problem if we sign our own names on the slip?

They should. You aren't supposed to share the Cheers program. Only those who purchase it should be getting the drinks. I see the Cheers program becoming even more restrictive or obsolete very soon...glad we discovered Celebrity where people don't seem so hell bent on breaking the rules so the rest of us can be treated like adults. Thanks again SNJCruisers!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Wow i think that is really brazen. You want to cheat the system but dont want to be dishonest by not using their name since it is their card. It boggles my mind. Does that make it better then to cheat on the program?

It seems to me that it would be the same as if you go to an all you can eat resturant pay for one person and all four eat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

When my family cruises, we like to buy rounds for each other, which is what I'm trying to figure out, if on the Cheers program, can my sister and her husband 'buy' a round for myself and my husband? I don't see it as cheating. We buy each other drinks all the time. It doesn't seem like you can do that with the Cheers program.

When my family cruises, we like to buy rounds for each other, which is what I'm trying to figure out, if on the Cheers program, can my sister and her husband 'buy' a round for myself and my husband? I don't see it as cheating. We buy each other drinks all the time. It doesn't seem like you can do that with the Cheers program.

Our group all buy "rounds" for each other all the time too!! However, on our next cruise we are ALL purchasing the Cheers program. No one has to buy rounds of drinks anymore we can all get our own! And for those who don't want to purchase the program...well, they're on their own! Or purchase the rounds with cash instead of using the Cheers program!

Our group all buy "rounds" for each other all the time too!! However, on our next cruise we are ALL purchasing the Cheers program. No one has to buy rounds of drinks anymore we can all get our own! And for those who don't want to purchase the program...well, they're on their own! Or purchase the rounds with cash instead of using the Cheers program!

That's not an option AFAIK.

Edited by emelvee

Here is what my husband and I did on the Cheers program. First we brought a cooler with us... We bought the Cheers program on the 2nd day. We drank our drinks and if we didn't make all 15 drinks in day we would "bank" beers. Meaning we would buy beer asking our bartender to give us a beer unopened. When we were in port we would take beer with us in port, lay on the beach with our beer. Of course we asked our room steward to fill our cooler up before we left so we had nice cold beers. We would always make our 15 drink limit because we would ask for unopened beers. We ended up bringing back about 18 beers but we made sure to get our money's worth. However we did forget to bring a bottle opener so we just got a cheap one in port.

Of course they can. However, they will be charged for whatever drink they purchase for you.

You can't legally give away some of your 15 drinks to another couple and assume that it's just like you're "buying a round". If you are using your sister's sail n sign, unless you can pass as your sister's twin, your sister's picture will come up when the bartender swipes the card and if he or she is doing their job properly, your purchase should be denied because the picture's do not match up. It would be just like if you found someone else's card and you tried to buy a drink with it, the picture's don't match, so that should alert the bartender. If he or she is doing their job, then you should not be able to cheat the system.

We bought the Cheers program on the 2nd day..... We ended up bringing back about 18 beers but we made sure to get our money's worth.

You got your monies worth if you consider bringing home 3 six packs @ 20 bucks each as acceptable. But why did you wait until the second day to buy the program? You still could have banked your beers on day one just like the remainder of your cruise.

That's not an option AFAIK.

Mmmm...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on here that it is an option! If you wanted a drink over $10 - like the monkey heads or the those huge tube beers (whatever they are called) - you can purchase them with $$

I'm thinking about cheers for my cruise on the breeze...how easy is it to get a drink during breakfast? Also the 10 dollar limit for the drinks included is that before the 15% gratuity like if a drink is 9.95? Also can you get shots? Sorry for so many questions I am just trying to figure out if I'll get my money's worth

The Next step will be all persons over 21 on cross referenced bookings will be required to buy it.

Yep...could come to that. We've had Open Bar Cards on Carnival, which were pre-Cheers program. We got it because we were part of a large group (over 30 or 40 people, forgot which). Every single group member had to pay the extra for the card so they knew we weren't cheating. But, we weren't limited to a set number of drinks either. It was nice in the MDR as we all had the cards so we had our own bottles of wine for the table and often did not even need to show our card at our regular spots (alchemy bar). All soda and water was included but specialty coffees were not.

If people didn't treat the program is if it were a price for 'fifteen drinks a day" and treated it more like an all-inclusive package people wouldn't be treated like children. We never considered taking beverages off the ship! We did 'give' drinks to some others once though, but that is only because they were people we had only met in the piano bar that bought us a round not knowing we had the open bar card. We 'paid them back' and said thank you then explained the situation. But, those basically were the the drinks we would have had anyway.

This thread has morphed away from helpful info to decide whether or not to purchase Cheers into basically a rum runner thread. Time to unsubscribe, especially since I feel less and less like we will ever be returning to Carnival anyway.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

glad we discovered Celebrity where people don't seem so hell bent on breaking the rules so the rest of us can be treated like adults. Thanks again SNJCruisers!

Enjoy the Silhouette and the fresh squeezed juices, 40+ craft beers, high end bottled waters, fancy espresso drinks, 30+ martini options, and the state of the art concoctions at the Molecular Bar that are all included in the unlimited premium drinks package that will cost us 11.50 per day.

The Cheers program is nice, but with all of the finagling that goes on trying to cheat the system, it'll be nice to enjoy a more refined ship and atmosphere next year when you sail on the Silhouette in January and when we sail her in March.

I'm thinking about cheers for my cruise on the breeze...how easy is it to get a drink during breakfast? Also the 10 dollar limit for the drinks included is that before the 15% gratuity like if a drink is 9.95? Also can you get shots? Sorry for so many questions I am just trying to figure out if I'll get my money's worth

The limit is before the tip, so the 9.95 Grey Goose martinis and such are included. You can get a drink at any bar whenever they are open, and since you're going to be on the Breeze that has the punchliners brunch, the table that is set up outside of the entrance makes a fabulous bloody mary with double shots in a pint glass and you can spice it up with many different hot sauces.

No, you can't get shots, but you can get it over ice and just ask for one cube. It's a stupid rule, but it was in effect when we had the program in January on the Breeze. The piano bar with their fancy martinis and the Red Frog Pub, NOT the Red Frog Bar that is poolside, were our favorite two places to imbibe.

especially since I feel less and less like we will ever be returning to Carnival anyway.

We feel the same way, especially if Celebrity brings back the 123 promo for 2015 and beyond. We also have the Quantum of the Seas and the Norwegian Breakaway on our future horizon because we can drive to the port (Bayonne NJ and NYC) and the cost savings can be used towards drink packages. ;)

Mmmm...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on here that it is an option! If you wanted a drink over $10 - like the monkey heads or the those huge tube beers (whatever they are called) - you can purchase them with $$

You can buy those. And I'm guessing you can buy a round of drinks for others (not using the Cheers card). Just not with cash - it would go on your S&S card.

You can buy those. And I'm guessing you can buy a round of drinks for others (not using the Cheers card). Just not with cash - it would go on your S&S card.

That's what I was referring to your S&S card!! Should have spelt it out more clearly!

The limit is before the tip, so the 9.95 Grey Goose martinis and such are included. You can get a drink at any bar whenever they are open, and since you're going to be on the Breeze that has the punchliners brunch, the table that is set up outside of the entrance makes a fabulous bloody mary with double shots in a pint glass and you can spice it up with many different hot sauces.

No, you can't get shots, but you can get it over ice and just ask for one cube. It's a stupid rule, but it was in effect when we had the program in January on the Breeze. The piano bar with their fancy martinis and the Red Frog Pub, NOT the Red Frog Bar that is poolside, were our favorite two places to imbibe.

Thank you!

No, you can't get shots, but you can get it over ice and just ask for one cube.

I was able to get shots, which is why I went over the 15 limit one night (well, morning).

Using that logic, they would be unable to serve scotch neat. Which I got as well.