My Time Dining - Timing

Hi All!

I have a quick question - I've signed my family and me up for My Time Dining for our upcoming cruise on Freedom and I just have a quick question. We want to time our dining well enough to get to shows on time. I know that my typical experience has been that dinner takes about 2 hours on traditional dining - is it pretty much the same time-wise for MTD? For instance, if there is a show at 9 would a dinner reservation at 7 be good, or do we need to eat a little earlier?

Just wondering if it would be any different since the waiters aren't having to do the same courses for all their tables at the same time...does that make sense? Any insight you have would be fantastic! Thanks! :)

Nate

Hi All!

I have a quick question - I've signed my family and me up for My Time Dining for our upcoming cruise on Freedom and I just have a quick question. We want to time our dining well enough to get to shows on time. I know that my typical experience has been that dinner takes about 2 hours on traditional dining - is it pretty much the same time-wise for MTD? For instance, if there is a show at 9 would a dinner reservation at 7 be good, or do we need to eat a little earlier?

Just wondering if it would be any different since the waiters aren't having to do the same courses for all their tables at the same time...does that make sense? Any insight you have would be fantastic! Thanks! :)

Nate

The shows are timed to work for traditional dining times. I believe those are 6:00pm and 8:30pm. Also, you want to be able to get to the shows early enough to find a decent seat. I think 7pm should be good for a 9pm show, but I'd personally feel more comfortable and less rushed with a 6:30pm dining time for a 9pm show.

With MTD you are somewhat in control of how long your meal will take. We have done MTD on our last few cruises and are often through dinner in about an hour. Of course if you want to linger, or have more courses it may take longer.

The wait staff will usually ask if you have a show to get to, or if they don't let them know and they will make sure you are out on time.

Is the MTD offered in a different restaurant or is it a different place?

MTD is in a section of the same dining room as traditional dining. In fact, people in MTD might be sitting right next to people in traditional.

MTD is in a section of the same dining room as traditional dining. In fact, people in MTD might be sitting right next to people in traditional.

So with MTD I would be able to sit at a table for 2? Assuming I wasn't able to get one with the regular dining options

We did MTD on our last cruise for the first time and loved it. We had 7pm so we could make the 9pm show.

One night we sat at a large table and things went a little slowly due to some interesting conversations and time got away from us all. We mentioned to the waiter that we may miss the show. She told us to leave and go to the show and when we returned to our cabin our desserts would be waiting for us....sure enough they were they..now that is what I call service.

So with MTD I would be able to sit at a table for 2? Assuming I wasn't able to get one with the regular dining options

Yes, in fact it's easier to get a table for 2 in MTD then it is in traditional.

Thanks everybody! I appreciate the insight! I just decided this time that 5 is too early and 8 too late to eat :)

You want to be to your entertainment venue at least 20 minutes before, 30 is better for a good selection of seats. They fill quickly. 6:30 gives you a good amount of time without rushing. We found time to stop by our cabin, or have an after dinner drink near the venue. :)

I understand there is only one show on the first night. Does anyone know what time it is, so we can book dinner accordingly?

Thanks

The first night's show is usually timed midway between the 2 traditional dining times. So either book at or before the early dining time, or at or later than the late dining time.

Archived