Eating in MDR more than just dinner (at night)

bksjes1998

Something I have learned since my first cruise by reading on CC is that you can eat the MDR more than just dinner. Just wondering what the menu was like for breakfast and lunch? Also the five day menu I have seen on another site has a "today" menu and "everyday" menu. Can I get what is listed on the "everyday" menu anytime in the MDR lunch or dinner? Thanks.

Something I have learned since my first cruise by reading on CC is that you can eat the MDR more than just dinner. Just wondering what the menu was like for breakfast and lunch? Also the five day menu I have seen on another site has a "today" menu and "everyday" menu. Can I get what is listed on the "everyday" menu anytime in the MDR lunch or dinner? Thanks.

If the Comedy brunch is on your ship, and I don't know which ships have it yet as I understand some do that even though they don't have the 2.0 upgrades, there is no breakfast/lunch on sea days as it's just one brunch the whole time.

On port days, there is only breakfast in the MDR and no lunch, so no everyday menu, today menu or whatever. If you do a google search you will find the breakfast menus and also the brunch menus. You can't order dinner items at lunch, only at dinner. In the same light, you can't order breakfast at lunch other than at the brunch.

Even before the brunch became available, on Carnival Dream as an example, there was one lunch menu for all sea days. It never changed. I know zydecocruiser has posted lots of menus and I am sure if can get the search feature to work on here, you can find them for the brunch.

I'm sorry I don't know what Paradise has to offer, but perhaps you might try a roll call for a recent cruise and someone might be able to give you specific info if that is the ship you are thinking of. Enjoy.

I have eaten Breakfast and lunch on sea days in the MDR.

Breakfast has omelets, eggs benedict, eggs any way you want them, pancakes, beligian waffles, french toast, etc.

Fruit, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash, cereals, etc.

Lunch: we have had spaghetti with meatballs, mongolian steak salad, hamburgers, fish and chips, etc. Lunch you order an appetizer, entree and dessert. It is not all you can eat like it is at dinner.

Zydecocruiser has a website listing both Carnival breakfast and lunch menus on it.

I love breakfast and lunch in the MDR. For breakfast I like the strawberry waffles, for lunch- I've had an excellent variety of things but the California roll was my favorite. If we are on a ship with the Tandoor on the buffet, I almost always eat there instead of the MDR, but otherwise don't do buffet. (to be fair, I've never even looked to see what was offered.)

I haven't been on a ship with comedy brunch, but it is my understanding that it eliminates both breakfast and lunch on the ship. BOO HISS.

I know some people aren't happy with the Punchline Brunch replacing breakfast and lunch on sea days. But we rarely make it to the MDR for either meal. On sea days, we typically sleep in, so a brunch will work out well for us (Dream for our July 2013 has Punchliner's Brunch).

Lunch is served on sea days-and guess what? So is tea! So if you are into eating goodies like me this is what I do- I order lunch, and then if something on the dessert menu isn't just screaming at me to "EAT ME", I just eat the entree, and then go up to the buffet and eat dessert. Or I wait until tea time for dessert. You can order more than one entree for lunch, it's just why would you want to, knowing that there will be yummies all afternoon.

I love breakfast in the MDR-let me rephrase that, I used to love breakfast in the MDR, but on our last cruise (not a Fantasy class ship) the service was just awful, so we ate breakfast up on the lido. Not bad, and if you eat early enough, then you want have much of a crowd. Of course we do have to eat breakfast in the MDR twice, no matter how bad the service, so my DH can get his Eggs Benedict.:)

Thank you so much! I was able to see the different lunch menus and the breakfast menu. We may have breakfast in the MDR, but after looking at the lunch menu unless we decide for a burger we will probably just do the buffet at lunch. Do you know the hours for the MDR for breakfast?

Thank you so much! I was able to see the different lunch menus and the breakfast menu. We may have breakfast in the MDR, but after looking at the lunch menu unless we decide for a burger we will probably just do the buffet at lunch. Do you know the hours for the MDR for breakfast?

It is usually 7:30 - 9:30 on port days and 8-10 on sea days.

Archived