Magic Fridge??

JennLynn

Is there a mini bar/fridge in the cabins on the Magic? Wanna know if we can chill our wine!

There are. But you if really want the wine cold you are probably better off using the ice bucket - or asking for a beer bucket.

In our experience the fridge is pretty useless - barely cool and full of thing they want to you buy! Not a lot of room for anything else. I tried to keep a carton of milk in the cabin on one cruise and the fridge was not even cool enough to keep it from spoiling! :eek:

There are. But you if really want the wine cold you are probably better off using the ice bucket - or asking for a beer bucket.

In our experience the fridge is pretty useless - barely cool and full of thing they want to you buy! Not a lot of room for anything else. I tried to keep a carton of milk in the cabin on one cruise and the fridge was not even cool enough to keep it from spoiling! :eek:

We left a sticky note asking the steward to empty the fridge. It's not that cool, so I wouldn't use it for anything that needs to keep a certain temp, but it was fine for chilling our soda to at least a drinkable temperature.

I agree with the others who have mentioned the "mini-fridge" is more of a cooler than a fridge. It won't really chill your wine but it will cool it. When I have asked the cabin attendant to remove the mini-bar items, they have said for me to do it myself. Regardless of who removes the items, they stay in your cabin so you have to have a place to store them during the cruise and put them back at the end.

I agree with the others who have mentioned the "mini-fridge" is more of a cooler than a fridge. It won't really chill your wine but it will cool it. When I have asked the cabin attendant to remove the mini-bar items, they have said for me to do it myself. Regardless of who removes the items, they stay in your cabin so you have to have a place to store them during the cruise and put them back at the end.

Yeah - I don't even ask any more.

That and once when we removed the stuff ourselves we were charged for something that didn't make it back in on the last night and we had no way to prove it wasn't there in the first place! So I will no longer be responsible for removing the items - it's just not worth it....for a "cooler" :o

not all the cabins do. Inside cabins don't... at least the one we saw did not.

We had an inside cabin on the Magic and had a mini fridge. Our steward said that we were more that welcome to remove everything when he saw we had our own drinks. Just stored everything on the top shelf with the life jackets. If I need a lifejacket I'm grabbing a drink to-go anyways! ;)

As far as wine goes, the fridges are pretty small. You may need to do some remodeling to get the bottle to fit. The shelves adjust easily by sliding out so you should be good to go!

DC

Is there a mini bar/fridge in the cabins on the Magic? Wanna know if we can chill our wine!

Speaking from a balcony cabin:

Kinda funny to read this as we just got off the Magic two weeks ago and it was the first time in 7 cruises that we saw the inside of the fridge.

Shortly after arriving in our cabin the main steward came in and noticed we had two bottles of wine. He immediately opened the fridge and took out all the beer to make room for ONE bottle of our wine. He put the beer in the drawer for safe keeping and we were good to go. The wine was chilled just fine. During the cruise he provided fresh buckets of ice to chill the remaining bottle.

You will be just fine. :D

Archived