CDG making flights schedules

vivian02

We just returned for a land tour of Germany with a flight change at CDG and made the change from terminal 2C to 2D within the allocated time (One hour). Once we got off our aircraft we went right through customs which only took minutes. We proceeded to follow the signs that directed up to terminal 2D. It was pretty easy and once we got to our gate at 2D we still had 20 minutes to kill. My wife didn't like the terminal at CDG mainly because it was starting to warm up and there was no airconditioning. Here is what happened when we went to board our flight to Munich: Our tickets didn't take on the scanning machine. Apparently the problem started the night before when we flew into Atlanta. Our flight out of Phoenix was delayed 40 minutes however we made it to our gate in Atlanta in time to catch the last call on Air France. Delta didn't think we would make our flight and had canceled our tickets? The Air France people immediately put us on the plane bypassing the computer. What we didn't know was they had canceled our flight into Munich the next day also...yes we did make our flight on Air France into Paris. We were placed on the next flight out to Munich two hours later and got time to explore CDG. I found the area over by the Sheraton next to the trainstation to be really nice with better ventelation and more things to see. This area seemed quite nice and modern. Once we made it to Munich we went to pick up our luggage and 3 of our 5 suit cases didn't made it. The baggage people were helpful and assured us our luggage would be on the next flight put and they would have our laggage delivered to our hotel. Yes the luggage did arrive around 12 Midnight and all went well. We confirmed our flight back within fourty eight hours of our departure. Its a good thing we did the conformation because Delta had cancelled that end of our trip. Air France fixed the issue immediately.

Conclusion: The transfer of planes at CDG from 2C to 2D can be done really easily with time to spare if you have an hour. I believe it can be done in 40 minutes but that is cutting it close. Keep a close eye on Delays and know ahead of time which flights are available in case there are any issues. In our case all went well and there was nothing we could have done to prevent the problem that happened with the cancellation at CDG. Like I said earlier we got an extra two hours to scope out CDG. My wife much prefers going through Frankfurt Main than CDG. I hope this information helps those making the Paris connection this summer. Tim

Archived