MTD.... What do you think?

We have always done late seating as we like not to rush to dinner. But we do find that it can be a little late sometimes.. .. So we decided to try MTD... We loved being able to choose our time but hated the table conversation every night! We seemed never to get passed the " Hello I am... From.... What do you do.... Have you any family.... Etc.

I like getting to know the people we are sat with and get into some good conversations after a few nights together. Fortunately we have always had nice table mates. What's your take on this? :eek:

The thing is with MTD you may get to sit with the same large table assuming THEY all turn up..... that THEY want to sit with the same people as previous etc....

I've no problems with meeting new people each night / breakfast... I love finding out new stuff :)

Yes we also like meeting new people and tend to do this at breakfast.

When we did the MTD we were shown to a different table every night... Hence introduction conversation every night.

I suppose we could have arrange to go to dinner with the new people we had met.... Never thought of that. We just arranged to meet them after dinner.

Yes we also like meeting new people and tend to do this at breakfast.

When we did the MTD we were shown to a different table every night... Hence introduction conversation every night.

I suppose we could have arrange to go to dinner with the new people we had met.... Never thought of that. We just arranged to meet them after dinner.

What I've done is specify the table after the first night.... as I've generally had a good time that night I request the same table / server. One night, the others didn't show until much later so I requested a move to a nearby 2 up amongst other 2 ups who were all busy chatting with one another..... the late comers ended up on the original table and I had a fine time with new people.

We had MTD on our first cruise in January. We had a table for two and ate at the same time each night. We found the same groups of people at the same tables near us each night except for one. I gathered that most of these groups were sailing together and had not just met. I wonder if MTD is most often used by people who already have tablemates and do not want to meet new people for dinner. :confused:

I guess if you had MTD and were sat at a large table you would have to make arrangements with the other diners to meet back for dinner the next night. That way you could all sit together again and you could avoid the 'getting to know you' conversation.

We had MTD on our first cruise in January. We had a table for two and ate at the same time each night. We found the same groups of people at the same tables near us each night except for one. I gathered that most of these groups were sailing together and had not just met. I wonder if MTD is most often used by people who already have tablemates and do not want to meet new people for dinner. :confused:

I guess if you had MTD and were sat at a large table you would have to make arrangements with the other diners to meet back for dinner the next night. That way you could all sit together again and you could avoid the 'getting to know you' conversation.

Yes if your travelling with family or friends it would be great..

You can request a table for 2 in MTD. :)

We did this... 2 times out of the 7 nights they placed us at a table with others though (the wait for a table for two was over 1/2 hour and we were hungry). But it wasn't a big deal. We did MTD last year for the first time, hubby liked the flexibility so much he requested for our next cruise in May!

We did this... 2 times out of the 7 nights they placed us at a table with others though (the wait for a table for two was over 1/2 hour and we were hungry). But it wasn't a big deal. We did MTD last year for the first time, hubby liked the flexibility so much he requested for our next cruise in May!

I really wouldn't want a table for two.... We both like chatting to people, especially their cruise trips:) But found we never reached this type of chat being with different people every night.

Archived