STAR - Aft Deck 10 Penthouse vs Penthouse with Balcony Deck 10

Dibbadiane

We are booked on the 12th floor Penthouse Balcony but as I am reading things I am wondering if I should try to move to the Deck 10 AFT Penthouse. I had originally did not go with that option because it looked like the room itself was smaller than the one on Deck 12 but at this point I am not sure. In the room we will have my husband and I and a 9 year old child. Any opinions?

Also, at the time that I booked there was a $300 OBC special for a suite. If I change to another suite will that still be honored. This cruise is over a year away.

Thanks in Advance

I haven't been in an aft penthouse yet but have been in one of the Star Deck 12 penthouses (12512). Those rooms are fairly new, they were put in when the Spinnaker was taken out.

They are large and beautiful rooms. They have a full size couch, 2 additional comfy chairs and large coffee table. No separate dining table. The bathroom is huge with double sinks, separate tub and shower. From what I've read the aft PH have a larger balcony but, I'd choose the deck 12 PH anyday.

[ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361621065.546839.jpg.d0f9bfb0ab58bd7a2042c70e2086e212.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361621103.634371.jpg.cfe66b4287ef2da2de8ed5c672930177.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361621139.563078.jpg.0e6cc4c601b5fb5dbbe5e70473c34118.jpg

hi I have been on the star aft 10 penthouse I saw the suite on 12 and if I had a choice on the star again i would take 12 its way bigger especially with having a child the rooms in the aft are also old looking but the View well thats the thing, no wind, smell of the bakery in the morning... bathroom much smaller .....next Up i booked a DOS on the gem I felt like spoiling my wife and I

Choose wisely

Thanks for all the feedback. We stayed in the Family Suite last year on Deck 12 and we thought what we were getting was sort of like the Family Suite again with the Murphy Bed/Table area cut out for the balcony. The view from the Aft Penthouse looked beautiful so I was second guessing myself. But since I don't plan to sleep on the balcony I think we all would agree that the larger room would be the way to go. The bathroom size alone might be worth it. My husband and I are not little people so being able to go the bathroom and shower comfortably is a necessity.

Looks like we will stay put. My husband shook his head about my constant research on these things for a vacation over a year away.

Archived