Enchantment / Monarch, Majesty

Is Enchantment a big improvement or upgrade from Monarch and Majesty. It is slightly farther for us to drive to Port Canaveral than Miami.

Not that I don't like those old ships, but we want to try and hook our best friends on cruising and they want to start off short with us. Is Enchantment newer feeling and more impressive than MN/MJ?

Is Enchantment a big improvement or upgrade from Monarch and Majesty. It is slightly farther for us to drive to Port Canaveral than Miami.

Not that I don't like those old ships, but we want to try and hook our best friends on cruising and they want to start off short with us. Is Enchantment newer feeling and more impressive than MN/MJ?

I think Enchantment is a significant upgrade from Sovereign class. Enchantment has a Solarium, plus has been recently refurburbished with a new Concierge Lounge, Diamond Lounge, and several dining venues.

what you and your friends like. Do you want expansive views and less crowded venues, but less choice of entertainment activities, or do you want to be entertained? Do you like the feeling of 'neighborhoods' and malls?

The Majesty and Monarch are Sovereign class ships, and the Monarch is leaving the fleet soon, to be replaced by the Enchantment. The Enchantment belongs to the next larger class, the Vision class. However, the Enchantment has been stretched, and some of the amenities of the larger classes of ships have been added.

We prefer the smaller ships, where crusing is about the sea, and meeting and enjoying other folks. There are wonderful bars and lounges with full views of the water, and the sea is everywhere you look. (We're embarking the Vision tomorrow for 11 blissful days)

We have cruised both the Voyager and Freedom classes, and did not care for the promenade concept (I call it the bad mall). Lots of folks (particularly those with kids) enjoy the promenade concept. There are meets with cartoon characters, street parades, and so forth. There are also places to bake your own cupcake, and a vintage car parked inside.

IMO, take them on the Majesty for the 4-day in an oceanview cabin. If they get the taste for cruising, then they can move up if they wish. If not, that's fine too. If you're in WPB already, the Majesty is going to be much easier traveling for you.

The Enchantment is going to be a very different ship, but personally, I'm not sure that it would be worth the drive as you have plenty of selection out of FLL. However, I would not advise Oasis or Allure for a first trip, as they are so different.

Have a great trip, wherever you decide to cruise!

Wendy

I like Enchantment much better than Monarch and Majesty. The cabins are bigger, the pool deck is huge, the solarium is nice, two tier dining room, it has DL/CL, even though you may not use it if you're going with first timers.

I can't comment on if it feels newer or dated, we haven't been on Enchantment in 5 years, but the ship is a better design.

We are doing a b2b on her in May and a 4 night in August if that answers your question...

Thanks all. I have been on all classes except Vision, so I am anticipating something like a mix of Radiance and Majesty, but more similar to Radiance than Majesty (if that makes sense :confused:)

The 80's feel of the MJ/MN is funny to me, but hardly what we want to "show off" to our friends. I opted for Freedom but they want to stay under 7 days.

It's frustrating to me not know what to expect since consider myself very familiar with most Royal ships.

Thanks all. I have been on all classes except Vision, so I am anticipating something like a mix of Radiance and Majesty, but more similar to Radiance than Majesty (if that makes sense :confused:)

The 80's feel of the MJ/MN is funny to me, but hardly what we want to "show off" to our friends. I opted for Freedom but they want to stay under 7 days.

It's frustrating to me not know what to expect since consider myself very familiar with most Royal ships.

You will feel right at home on the Enchantment.

The crew is typical Royal Caribbean - happy and eager to make your cruise the best that it can be.

Oh, how I wish that I had your problem. Driving ALL THE WAY from West Palm Beach to Port Canaveral. :p

You will feel right at home on the Enchantment.

The crew is typical Royal Caribbean - happy and eager to make your cruise the best that it can be.

Oh, how I wish that I had your problem. Driving ALL THE WAY from West Palm Beach to Port Canaveral. :p

Oh I know. I hate having to leave the house at 9 in the morning :p

Archived