Need New York City Hotel suggestions

Martita B.

Sailor's, I need suggestions as to a small, inexpensive hotel in New York City for mid Sept. before a cruise. A friend recommended the Sheraton 4 Points in the Chelsa area, but alas a single room rate is $365 a night......we'll arrive around 3 pm, we have dinner plans and will then merely spend the night. We will board the ship around 11:30 am the next morning.

Has anyone stayed at The Wellington Hotel?

Any ideas would be most welcomed and appreciated!

Martita

Martha,

Is this is for the night before Gilligan's Island. I would try the Millenium Broadway Hotel. They have a special if you use your Amex for 199.00 per night.

Which is a great price for Manhattan during the week.

Hope this helps.

mcboo:) :) :)

P.S. It is called the Amex Summer Fun Rate

Well mcboo, fancy meeting you here! Hahaha

Many thanks.....I'll check on it right now!

There are 3 of us and guess who has invited us to dinner????The one and only

P.R. and her Father, Dick! J.B. and I had dinner with Dick and his good friend last year in London before our Northern Crossing and before his QE2 voyage.....soooo

it'll be a "re-union" of old friends.

I will check on your hotel now......thanks, again!

M.

I just got back from NYC about one month ago. We stayed at The Belvedere. The hotel was great! Really good customer service, nice size room with micro & refrig., clean and comfortable. It's also only a couple blocks from Times Square and subway. Only negative was bathroom size. I would definitely go back. Rates are under $200 night. Check out the ratings on TripAdvisor...good luck.

I just got back from NYC about one month ago. We stayed at The Belvedere. The hotel was great! Really good customer service, nice size room with micro & refrig., clean and comfortable. It's also only a couple blocks from Times Square and subway. Only negative was bathroom size. I would definitely go back. Rates are under $200 night. Check out the ratings on TripAdvisor...good luck.

This is one of our favorite NY hotels, but don't tell anyone, ok? :)

Martita,

If you are just looking for a clean place to stay overnight, you might look into the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport. We cruised on Princess last October and stayed at the Radisson. They rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. We took the shuttle to the airport the next morning, where we picked up the Super Shuttle to the port. I believe the Super Shuttle was $17pp, and our room was $69 + tax(booked through Priceline). As long as you don't want to be centrally located to allow for taking in a show, etc. the Radisson can't be beat.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy~~~I will certainly make a note of the Radisson JFK. This time, however, we need to stay in Manhatten as we've been invited for dinner that evening and our host plans on picking us up at the hotel.

Many thanks! And happy cruisin'.......

Martita

Marita,

I can give two recommendations, since that is how many hotels that I have stayed in Manhattan.

The first is the Sofitel. If you can get this hotel for a reasonable price, you must stay here. It is luxurious, quiet, excellently located, rooms are large, beds are EXCELLENT, etc. We stayed there once for two nights. Do get breakfast at their restaurant. The Oatmeal Brulee is outstanding.

The second hotel is the W New York - The Tuscany. This hotel is small, but hip and (I found) friendly. The restaurant, ICON, next door at the W New York - The Court is outstanding. It is conveniently located, but not so much for walking (if it's not within 5 blocks, I am taking a taxi). The rooms are large, and the beds are again, heavenly.

We are going again next month for a weekend, and we'll be staying at the W New York - Union Square. I have heard it's even nicer than the Tuscany, and the best W Hotel in NYC.

Have fun,

Bill

For MartitaB,

I think rates for a studio in midSeptember can be had for as low as $155 a night, and can sleep 2 people. It may be higher or lower on the weekends. Since I don't know which dates you are looking for I can only give you a general idea. The location is great as you can walk to many of the theatres and since it is right by Radio City, you are very close to Rockefeller Center too. Have a great time

Thanks Sailors!

I booked 3 rooms this morning for The Belvedere Hotel......it was certainly priced reasonably and in a super good location!

As we'll all be boarding the Seabourn Pride ship the next morning, we'll just have to wait on all the fabulous amentities, good food/wines and 6*service!

Many thanks again for all your great help and suggestions!

Martita

Archived