Need Info on Stockholm!

MarGG

1. Bus 40 from Forskarbacken to the Uni Subway station and then subway, Red line #14 towards Fruängen from the Uni to slussen subwaystation.

At slussen change to subway Green line #17 towards Skarpnäck, get off at Gullmarsplan subway station. Gullmarsvägen starts at the subway station.

Thank you so much! And maybe you also know how long it would take to get there?

Thank you so much! And maybe you also know how long it would take to get there?

Depends on time of day I guess but around 40 minutes from Forskarbacken to Gullmarsvägen according to SL journey planner.

Also it seems that From slussen to Gullmarsplan Green line #18 towards Farsta Strand and Green line #19 towards Hagsätra will also work.

You could also change subway line at T-centralen if you wish, it won't make any difference regarding what lines to use.

Se subway map: http://sl.se/ficktid/karta%2Fvinter/Tub.pdf

rail and subway map: http://sl.se/ficktid/karta%2Fvinter/SL_Spartrafik_2012.pdf

You could also change subway line at T-centralen if you wish, it won't make any difference regarding what lines to use.

Isn't it better to do the change at "Gamla Stan" than "T-centralen"? In Gamla Stan its the opposite side of the same platform but at "T-centralen" you'll have to take the escalator to the other level.

Isn't it better to do the change at "Gamla Stan" than "T-centralen"? In Gamla Stan its the opposite side of the same platform but at "T-centralen" you'll have to take the escalator to the other level.

Quite possible, I don't know. Its been quite many years since I used the subway at Stockholm.

I agree. When I have to change between the red line and the green line I usually do it at Gamla Stan, or sometimes at Slussen. Never at T-centralen.

• 4 weeks later...

I do love Junibacken and living in Stockholm I always recommend it as the best place to go with kids most of the time. However I wanted to post on this thread that Skansen, is actually in my opinion a better place to go in the summer for kids and even grown-ups.

Junibacken is the place I personally visit more as living here where it's cold and can snow nine months out of the year it's indoors and the place to go. Skansen you can only go in the summer on nice days (With the exception of Christmas markets and a few days here and there.)

However summer is when most or all cruisers are here!

Skansen is In open air museum/animal Park for kids as well as grown-ups. They've taken dozens of authentic Swedish buildings from around the country and moved them to the open air museum so you can go in and see how people used to live. It's kind of like Williamsburg. On busy days there are employees dressed up in costumes that explain how it was to live in the buildings or even demonstrate it. We were there last week and we went into the bakery that was making Swedish flatbread. We also went around with the farmer as she was feeding livestock. Another house was the cottage of fishermen and outside two people dressed authentic period clothing were weaving a fishing net by hand.

It's a wonderful experience for kids and adults. There's also a brand-new building there for little ones that is similar to Junibacken in that you can walk through climb around see small animals. It's all extremely well done.

There Is a fantastic monkey and reptile house there – that has an additional entrance fee to it.

I saw that the hop on hop off bus goes there. Some nice restaurants are there as well as great views of Stockholm! hope you can make it and enjoy my city!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370853240.724455.jpg.b4c0c48a09c2cd1416a9dfc78707fef3.jpg Making fishing nets

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370853275.795432.jpg.a88627e3f775d558c7f1876f0acc5d54.jpg Baking Swedish flatbread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370853310.261636.jpg.31c4fe534a072e961244d8fb381d3f87.jpg One of the many authentic buildings that have been moved to the park. I believe this one is from the Sami reindeer culture in the very north of Sweden.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370853354.638521.jpg.e70a0eb17d3c996f59e6a5264796742c.jpg There's a beautiful view of stock called and the harbor from many points in the park.

Thank you all so much for the advice! I think I will go to the Univrsity and Forskarbacken and skip Gullmarsvägen. That seems quite far and I think my friend would prefer to leave some time for the sightseeing. As the trip is coming nearer we are more and more excited!

• 2 months later...

Archived