Thomson Dream- Highlights of the Med - 4 May 2013

Dream is in Tenerife at present, ready to leave later today on her cruise from there to arrive in Palma on the 4th to pick you all up. And then me a week later :D . Ooh Er! that means only 2 weeks tomorrow till we go :eek::eek: :D

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn its getting ex iting now isnt it shame your not on the same time as us but hope you have a brilliant time as I,m sure you will hope to see the rest of you all ln a weeks time safe journey to palma wooooohoooooo let the fun begin ciao

Hi All,

My wife & I will also be on this cruise (Deck 7 OS). We are looking forward to making new friends aboard.

Hoping to meet you all on board!

George & Anne Wight

We have four days of rain and overcast skies here in Palma so hope it clears up by next week! However, it is still Spring here and will be cooler in the N.Med. We only booked a couple of days ago as thought it was a good deal and we'd never tried Thomson before. My husband and son-in-law are from the NE...my daughter married in Morpeth and other daughter went to Newcastle Uni. A beautiful part of the world. Looking forward to meeting new friends, too. Ally & John O'Brien

Thanks Flopsy that was really helpful I'll take a couple of long dresses just in case and mostly wear trousers and skirts with nice tops. We are having a blessing as we will have been married for 45 years this month (thought I was only 45 - think I must have been in a coma for a good few years lol) so I'm guessing I'll have to have a long dress for that :( never wear long dresses or anything long come to think of it so it'll be an experience for me!!! - we don't eat a lot of meat either Flopsy but we will probably try all the eating places and see which one suits us best. Talk again when your able ciao for now Fridge magnet :D

Hi, We are jumping on the Dream in Palma, too. We actually live in Mallorca so no flying this time. We are also long time married...47 years this year....where has time gone?!! Still golfing and walking up mountains, though. As others have said, smart casual is mostly worn in the evenings. The only long skirts/dresses I've seen in the past few years seem to be on the formal evening, even on Cunard. Mix and match trousers/skirts and tops seem to be popular, with a bit of added bling. Most important is comfortable walking shoes for ports....a warm cardigan....and a fold up umbrella.....it is Spring in the Med and it has been raining in Palma for five days!!! Fair skies forecasted next week but could get the odd shower...and not summer temps yet. See you on board. Ally and John O'Brien

Hi there Ally and John,

Thanks for the update, got my brolly and cardie at the ready hope we dont get too much rain had quite enough of it and the cold brrrrrrrrr need some warmth for our bones lol

See you on board ciao and safe journey to everyone :-)

Well thats 12 of us from Cruise Critic forum on this cruise now! Is this a record?:confused:

Theres:-

Flopsy from Dronfield, Derbyshire- thats me, Ann, and Ted

Landscaper 61 from Cardiff -1st cruise- names?

Anniedge from Rotherham - names? (another Ann?)

Fridgemagnet from Ireland-1st cruise- names?

Northumbrian from seaside- George & Anne

Allham from Majorca -John & Ally

I don't know what time you are all arriving on board but I think we will be on board by 2pm and after a quick bite I think we will be out on deck in the Lido bar enjoying our first drink by 3pm.

I shall often be wearing a black top with a big red flower pinned on it! I'm short and fat with short blond hair.My husband is thin, and grey on top- like 75% of the fellas on board!

Hopefully someone may spot me- it took Cruisin Linda and Kruzseeka all week to spot me last time lol.

Flopsy

Well thats 12 of us from Cruise Critic forum on this cruise now! Is this a record?:confused:

I don't know what time you are all arriving on board but I think we will be on board by 2pm and after a quick bite I think we will be out on deck in the Lido bar enjoying our first drink by 3pm.

I shall often be wearing a black top with a big red flower pinned on it! I'm short and fat with short blond hair.My husband is thin, and grey on top- like 75% of the fellas on board!

Hopefully someone may spot me- it took Cruisin Linda and Kruzseeka all week to spot me last time lol.

Flopsy

Loving the descriptions Flopsy! !! :):D;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Hi flopsy, fridgemagnet here alias val and neil although we are living in Ireland we are English hubbie is average height slim and like yours (whats left of it) is grey lol - Im short not skinny,comely springs to mind lol and meeting in the bar at 3 sounds good to us will look out for the red flower ciao till then safe journey :-) val. :D

Flopsy

Hi Flopsy and the rest of the Dreamers,

Great that somebody has listed us.....nice to meet new friends and I will be looking out for the black top and red flower! John is bald on top with the grey monk's fringe, plus glasses, and I am short, blonde and medium size....normal 'older' figure... all the sand has gone to the bottom of the hour glass and rippling with delight in its new home! John is originally from the NE and I was born in Edinburgh...but lived all over the world due to John's job. Not sure when we will get to the ship...depends on whether morning golf is missed...and haven't a clue what I'll be wearing as will pack and decide on Friday evening...no time till then! However, probably cut offs and a shirt. The sun has decided to shine at last and temps highest at 3pm so enjoy your drink, soaking up the rays. There is a hop on and off bus at the port that you might like if you haven't seen Palma before, or the old, cobbled Palma is behind the Cathedral...local bus along the Bay as would take about 45 mins to walk. I'll still be packing my fold up umbrella for Spring showers later in the week...if I do, it doesn't rain, if I don't, it does! Something warm, also. We saw some tourists yesterday in strappy tops and shorts diving into the charity shop to buy a cardi for evening as hadn't packed any.

Hi all

Annieedge - aka Paul and Anne (you were right Flopsy!!). Paul is tall with brown hair (still!) and glasses; I'm average height, brown hair. After a quick lunch will be off to supermarket, but look forward to meeting up with you all in the Lido bar about 3ish. Will look for the big red flower. Safe journey to all.

Hi all

Annieedge - aka Paul and Anne (you were right Flopsy!!). Paul is tall with brown hair (still!) and glasses; I'm average height, brown hair. After a quick lunch will be off to supermarket, but look forward to meeting up with you all in the Lido bar about 3ish. Will look for the big red flower. Safe journey to all.

Hi....Presume you've been to Palma before and know where the supermarket is. If not, it is Carrefours on the lower floor of Porto Pi shopping mall...just about opposite the port (cross bridge over main road, head up short hill away from the sea; shopping mall to the left). Five to 10 minute walk. Ally

Hi all

Hi....Presume you've been to Palma before and know where the supermarket is. If not, it is Carrefours on the lower floor of Porto Pi shopping mall...just about opposite the port (cross bridge over main road, head up short hill away from the sea; shopping mall to the left). Five to 10 minute walk. Alternatively, out of port, turn left along main road, shopping mall lower entrance on right...a little longer walk. Ally

Hi Ally

Thanks for that. Yes we've been before but we promise we will use the bridge and not take our life in our hands by trying to cross the road!! Only going for bottled water , shampoo etc and no doubt half the biscuit aisle!

Hi Flopsy

Will keep an eye out for you two at the airport...and hopefully see everyone else in the bar on board.:)

Safe journey to all of you.

Hi All,

We will have to give the 3.00pm meet a miss.

We are not flying until 2.45pm from Newcastle so I think we will be some of the last onboard before sailing!!

Hope we can meet onboard.

Regards

George and Anne

Archived