Thomson Dream- Highlights of the Med - 4 May 2013

Hi flopsy, It,s getting really close now and really exciting getting the tickets we,ve another two weeks to go before we get ours it will really starting getting real then, looking forward also to gettingsome sun need that badly dont we?

Hi Flopsy/Fridgemagnet

We've just booked on your cruise for 4th May but can't match your 45/48 years. More like 45 months for us! Did the Dream once before a couple of years ago and couldn't have had a better time. Prior to that we used Ocean Village until it sailed off into the sunset. The staff were excellent and the shows really professional. Love the ports on this cruise which is why we chose it. We prefer to eat in the Orion waiter service restaurant as we don't eat as much. There is always the temptation to go back for more in the self service.... Hope to meet up with you in a few weeks time:)

Hi Annie\FLopsy at least there are 6 of us quite a crowd now lol hope theres enough room for us, yes at the beginning maybe not at the end after all the gorgeous food they say is there haha looking forward to meeting you all see you soon hopefully :-) safe journey to you all :-)

Hi Flopsy/Fridgemagnet

Yes flying out of Donny at daft oclock, never at our best at that time in the morning. We'll have to meet up for a very early cup of coffee, Flopsy. Assume Fridgemagnet that you will be flying from Ireland. Any idea what time you land?:)

And we get off just as Flopsy gets on :rolleyes: It's like a roundabout isn't it? :D

Isn`t it just and one we cant get off.

:D Both of you. And one day we might just go crash and all end up on the same cruise.

God help Thomson then :D

Berwyn

:D Both of you. And one day we might just go crash and all end up on the same cruise.

God help Thomson then :D

Berwyn

Hi there

'It can be arranged .....Linda.....Berwyn...Jim....'

Right then, next May 2014, we all book the Adriatic Explorer eh?

Flopsy

Hi Nicky Bee

The Destiny has gone! I didn't rate the Destiny but for many on here it was their favorite ship.

I havn't been in Island Escape- I did book it once then panicked after reading the reviews and changed to The Spirit! I love The Spirit, The Celebration and The Dream.I havn't tried The Majesty yet.

You need to decide what you want from a cruise.The Island Ecape is all inclusive now- so basic drinks are included, but recent cruisers report quite high additional charges for branded drinks.The all inclusive deal offered on the other Thomson ships (which is free for very early bookers, and can be £69pp pw for later bookings, or full price £199pp pw for late bookings) is better I think, with less expensive additional charges for certain drinks.

I assume that you have looked at the other forum which is purely for Island Escape posts- see headins above- chose Thomson, then chose Island Cruises- there you will probably find more relevant posts to answer your concerns.

There are many posters on here who have been on all the ships including Island Escape who no doubt will reply to your query.Watch this space!

Flopsy

We've been on I.E. twice and had a great time both times. The ship is about the same age as the other Thomson ships and cabins look about the same. She is also bigger than Destiny was and both Spirit and celebration.

It is informal in that it does not have a formal Captain's Night, but it does not mean that people do not dress up a bit in the evenings.

Dining, it has the 24 hour buffet and in the Main Dining Room the waiters show you to the table and bring drinks, but you get up and serve yourself from the buffet.

Berwyn

Hi Annie

Good to see someone else has booked this cruise!;)

Are you flying from Donny like us?

Flopsy

Hi there Flopsy, we are also on the ship on the 4th May flying in from Cardiff, its our first cruise and cant wait to see some sunshine and sights

Hi there Flopsy, we are also on the ship on the 4th May flying in from Cardiff, its our first cruise and cant wait to see some sunshine and sights

Gosh a first-timer.I think your first cruise is so exciting- not knowing what to expect etc. But I feel sure that you will love it.

Hoping to meet you all on board!

Flopsy

We actually live in Palma so easy to just jump on the ship. Never sailed with Thomson before. Not sure if anybody else is on the roll call and want to share a minivan to Florence back. We've always found it much cheaper and better to have a small group going private. John and Ally O'Brien

Looking to book a cruise on Island Escape in July. Is it really as bad as some of the reviews say? How does it compare to the Thomson Destiny for example? Anyone help?

I took my Mum on it and hated it.....converted ferry so not laid out well and entertainment area was too small. Also a bit of a rust bucket. Might have been refurbished since then? Not keen on the buffet at night now....is there left over stuff from lunch?......unless you want to spend £30 a night for waiter service. Found the Dream in May was less expensive...giving you £65 spend money for alcohol. All inclusive packages are sometimes not the best deals, unless you want to get pickled!!

Archived