Best prices on watches?

Where would you expect the best prices on watches? Grand Cayman or on board?

Maybe I've never looked too closely, but I've never had the impression that Grand Cayman was a place to get good deals.

Maybe I've never looked too closely, but I've never had the impression that Grand Cayman was a place to get good deals.

Bought numbers of watches onboard over the years on different lines. In the 300-3000 range they have always bettered the land price if they can confirm a firm offer. We get the land stores price on a card with signature and the ships store manager calls them to confirm.

To this point they have always matched the price. It has equaled excellent savings on several occasions.

If you go to Jamaica, look there. I bought a couple of watches in Falmouth. Not bad pricing. Got them at the Port Shops. But you need to have a feel for internet pricing first to determine if it's a good deal or not. Really it seems that nothing is a "great" deal in the Caribbean. Good... sure... great...no. So a little research goes a long way.

But again, Jamaica, at least in the past, has been pretty good for watches.

There are no good prices on watches on Western Caribbean routes. The ship will be your best bet depending on the brand you are looking for. I have bought several Citizen Eco-Drive onboard for 40% off.

Now if you are on eastern route .. St. Thomas and St. Maarten have great deals on all watch brands.

Bought numbers of watches onboard over the years on different lines. In the 300-3000 range they have always bettered the land price if they can confirm a firm offer. We get the land stores price on a card with signature and the ships store manager calls them to confirm.

To this point they have always matched the price. It has equaled excellent savings on several occasions.

I am looking to buy a specific Citizen model on the next cruise and I agree that ships are very reasonable with there prices as long as you make yourself aware before you board. In your experience do they carry the latest models onboard or is there a way of contacting them to tell them you are looking to buy.

Archived