Frustrated with NCL billing department

david_sobe

I dont know where to turn. We have been back from our cruise for weeks now. But NCL charged our card again several days after we returned. The charge was for $251.90. At first, I did not think too much of it and thought it would be resolved immediately. I called NCL billing (they are only open M-F) and left my name, card number, reservation number, etc. They said they would call me back later in the day once they checked with the ship (Epic). I did not get a call Monday or Tuesday. I did get a call Wednesday at 4:58pm to tell me, they checked with the ship and there were never any holds on the card and the bill never changed. I explained again that this was a NEW charge. The NCL rep asked me for more information. What more information can I give them? They have my trip info, card number, the date of the charge, and the exact amount. I dont understand why this should be so difficult.:eek::confused::confused:

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Any results? A couple things; We only used ONE credit card for everyone on the trip. All charges showed up and we never questioned any charges at the end of the cruise. That amount was charged to our card which we already paid. We did not use an ATM either. It is not a hold on the card either. NCL told me that they would be able to view holds and explain them. The card never left our possession nor did we give it to anyone. The most frustrating thing is NCL does not even acknowledge the charge or can explain it :mad:

I dont know where to turn. We have been back from our cruise for weeks now. But NCL charged our card again several days after we returned. The charge was for $251.90. At first, I did not think too much of it and thought it would be resolved immediately. I called NCL billing (they are only open M-F) and left my name, card number, reservation number, etc. They said they would call me back later in the day once they checked with the ship (Epic). I did not get a call Monday or Tuesday. I did get a call Wednesday at 4:58pm to tell me, they checked with the ship and there were never any holds on the card and the bill never changed. I explained again that this was a NEW charge. The NCL rep asked me for more information. What more information can I give them? They have my trip info, card number, the date of the charge, and the exact amount. I dont understand why this should be so difficult.:eek::confused::confused:

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Any results? A couple things; We only used ONE credit card for everyone on the trip. All charges showed up and we never questioned any charges at the end of the cruise. That amount was charged to our card which we already paid. We did not use an ATM either. It is not a hold on the card either. NCL told me that they would be able to view holds and explain them. The card never left our possession nor did we give it to anyone. The most frustrating thing is NCL does not even acknowledge the charge or can explain it :mad:

Dispute the charge with the credit card company. You still have the original printout showing what your charges were? Also, don't call NCL - put it in writing. Can you scan it and email it to them so they can see what you're talking about? It's really strange that it was charged AFTER you came home. That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Yes of course we will dispute with the credit card company. Never knew of a business that charged a card and says they cant find that charge.

Will keep you posted

It was probably a data-entry error, where the $251 charge belongs to somebody else (which is why they can't find it associated with you).

On a slightly different note I had three charges made to my card exactly one week after my cruise - all in the port city and each around 250.00 and all on-line.

My CC company caught one but the others slipped by so I had to dispute them. My CC company issued me a new card.

The only difference was that the charges were not NCL.

Probably a room number slip up

On a slightly different note I had three charges made to my card exactly one week after my cruise - all in the port city and each around 250.00 and all on-line.

My CC company caught one but the others slipped by so I had to dispute them. My CC company issued me a new card.

The only difference was that the charges were not NCL.

Probably a room number slip up

Hope you are right about the room number slip up, but the fact that the cc company issued a new one makes me wonder.

Like we know, always check your bill & set alerts when possible. Friend's cc #got taken when he had to leave it in gas station to "pre-pay" even tho there was a card reader on the gas pump. Since then, we won't do that!

Did you by chance double check the totals on each sheet against the charges on the card? Did they by chance divide your total into multiple charges? I know they did when I sailed on the Pearl. They had multiple holds, etc that totaled multiple amounts and ended up with different charges in the end. I had to add them up to total my shipboard account total. Took in all about 2 weeks for all the miscellaneous holds to fall off.

Last if that isn't the reason I would issue a dispute with the credit card company telling them that was not your purchase and doesn't match any charges you did with them.

I had two miscellaneous charges by NCL on my AMEX.

I called NCL and they said they do this as a hold on the room for charges.

It made no sense to me.

I was told these charges would drop off and they eventually did.

The whole thing sounded ridiculous

Maybe they do it so people wont catch it and just pay them

Hope you are right about the room number slip up, but the fact that the cc company issued a new one makes me wonder.

Like we know, always check your bill & set alerts when possible. Friend's cc #got taken when he had to leave it in gas station to "pre-pay" even tho there was a card reader on the gas pump. Since then, we won't do that!

On the one they caught - they called me to see if the charge was legit - when I told them it was not, they stopped my old card and issued a new one. They noticed that I had charged things in that city two weeks prior, but had also charged things in my home town after - that prompted the call.

I also got a call when I charged my final pmt on the cruise :)

I had two miscellaneous charges by NCL on my AMEX.

I called NCL and they said they do this as a hold on the room for charges.

It made no sense to me.

I was told these charges would drop off and they eventually did.

The whole thing sounded ridiculous

Maybe they do it so people wont catch it and just pay them

NCL states on their website and in the little welcome aboard book they send you that they will place multiple holds on your card and therefor you should make sure you don't use a debit or have a high enough balance to cover the holds

Archived