Bayonne Hotel & Shuttle

Big Feet

I have to mention the Country Inn and Suite @ EWR. Here's my story.

We did a trip in Jan. on EOTS for 9 days and stayed at this hotel. The front people were very pleasnant. There's a mall across the street and a nice sports bar next door. The room came with breakfest. There is also a little store on site-- sells wine.

We paid for round trip shuttle that was very cheap and they had 2 shuttles scheduled so you could pick a time. Shuttle charge was added onto hotel room bill.

When we returned to the port there was snow blowing. Being from out of state (southern)we weren't prepared for the cold-- let me rephase that. We were ready for the cold but the wind was blowing we weren't ready for the wind chill.

We had self assist disembarkation and when we got off the ship we called the shuttle for pick up to go back to EWR -- we were told it would be about 30 to 40 minutes. I told dispatch there is no way we could wait that long that we would be frozen. We took a cab. Long story short when i got home i called Lori at the hotel-- I couldn't believe it we received a credit for the shuttle leg we didn't use. Thank you Lori. I didn't think we would get it but she did it. She didn't give any excuses was glad to help.

So we are heading back to EWR for our next cruise to Bermuda April 7, 2013-------- needless to say I called Lori directly to thank her again and made my reservation through her to show our appreciation and let her know she is why we were rebooking her place.

Hotel is clean, good pricing and courtous lots to do around the hotel.

I have worked for a major airline and travel / cruise a lot as you can see from my signature. This hotel needs to open one in FLL for cruisers.

Lori thank you.

Don and Barbara

PS this is the type of operation that needs cruisers support and patronage.

Glad you were happy but for the sake of accuracy I just wanted to point out a few things:

The hotel is near Newark Airport but it's technically in Elizabeth NJ. It is not in Bayonne, where the cruise port is.

The mall is called Jersey Gardens.

Thank you Don and Barbara for the fantastic story. There is a reason that we recommend this hotel and your experience confirms this.

For the last two years Country Inns has been a great price for a park/sleep on stay123.com You can buy the transfer from the hotel. CI can often be found on aa.com at a good rate for just the room without the parking.

There is a Country Inns in Cocoa Beach for Port Canaveral. However, in that area there are a zillion reasonable hotel choices and the whole area is vacation oriented. Newark is not a vacation destination - the airport hotels are focused on providing "one night stands" to airline travelers and the service and experierience offered by the hotels often reflects a short term attitude.

Archived