Is there a difference between prepaid gratuities

familynew2cruise

Do you have to prepay gratuities when you book the cruise, or can you decide to prepay at any time? If you can do it anytime, how would you go about doing that?

You can pay them at anytime. We like paying off our cruise way before the final payment is due. As soon as we finish that, we just call Carnival or our pvp (usually just use the main CCL #) and prepay the grats. Then we book our excursions, as dh likes having a very low sail and sign bill when we debark. We used to purchase drink and soda coupons, but now that they made those non-refundable, will just put cash on our account to cover any charges.

Do you have to prepay gratuities when you book the cruise, or can you decide to prepay at any time? If you can do it anytime, how would you go about doing that?

Some bookings require you to pre-pay the auto gratuities as part of the the total cruise package. Instances like choosing Any Time Dining, certain itineraries, and Cruises to Nowhere. Otherwise you simple tell the person, TA or PVP, that is handling the booking that you want to pre-pay them (if they don't ask you first), if directly booking online directly w/ Carnival you may have to call the customer care # if you miss the very small option box to do so at the time of booking. If booking online w/ a third party site you may not have the option as a choice nor can you add it later since once you book w/ an outside company Carnival will only process changes to the booking through them.

No difference. And even if you did prepay you could still argue if you like. although I dont think I would unless I got horrible service from everyone onboard. I just like to prepay mine so I can budget my spending money wisely and dont have to add them in.

Ditto..

Archived