Accessible Sky Suites S2 Why are they the most discounted?

Hawaiino

I've picked my ship, voyage, and level (suite). I'm ready to go hard with my TA on Monday (local, here in Hawaii), and I checked the X website to run some info down. Checked prices and saw a steep drop on S2's, below the "W" I was going to book. Figured, ok, I guess they'll give me an S2 for sure if I book W so might as well save a couple hundred each and book a specific cabin. There was one on the stern so I held it for my agent tomorrow.

I then started fishing around and I noticed on the sites that the S2's were the most discounted by X on the Equinox for various voyages.

Why?

It seems like such a good discount now that I don't know if I should play chicken with the supply/demand curve hoping for steeper discounts as we approach. Any advice on this?

We were given one of these( equinox) guarantee suites, 2136, and because they are below the buffet, they are noisy. Really really noisy, 6 am-9 pm. Carts rolling overhead. Dishes clattering. Never again.

Do you require an accessible cabin? If so, then you need to book one ASAP, as there are very few accessible cabins. If you don't require an accessible cabin, is there a reason why you want to book one, or are you concerned that you will be assigned one under a guarantee?

I was just in 2136 on Equinox and while the cabin was perfect for me and my mobility scooter, and the wheel in shower was a very good size and the bathroom as a whole accommodated my scooter with no problem, I would NEVER, EVER, EVER book those cabins again. They are terribly noisy being under the galley for the buffet. All night long, it sounded like a freight train was in my cabin with the noise of the huge dish carts being rolled through the dishwasher. Despite wearing earplugs, I didn't get a full nights sleep for the whole 11 days. Not even nightly calls to guest services helped. But the noise wasn't only at night, but during most of the day also, so there was little chance of grabbing an afternoon nap.

This noise on that deck goes from 2130 to 2142. Don't book any cabin in that group on any S class ship. Celebrity screwed up big time by putting cabins in that area under the galley.

My questions were based on the pricing of a specific type of cabin. I did not seek out accessible cabins, I had them offered to me at a significant discount. Yes, I am concerned they will be the assigned "W" class suites, that is if they are inferior for some reason or another.

The cabin I have a hold on is not in the range of cabin numbers you have provided ( Resort Deck, 2148). . It is on the stern, a few cabins removed. Perhaps it is also affected, just not as much. Hence the discount?

My questions were based on the pricing of a specific type of cabin. I did not seek out accessible cabins, I had them offered to me at a significant discount. Yes, I am concerned they will be the assigned "W" class suites, that is if they are inferior for some reason or another.

The cabin I have a hold on is not in the range of cabin numbers you have provided ( Resort Deck, 2148). . It is on the stern, a few cabins removed. Perhaps it is also affected, just not as much. Hence the discount?

That's a great cabin.

I am not sure if the noise level is the same on Silhouette in these cabins. Occassionally we heard a low level rumble that sounded like distant thunder but we both looked at each other and said "do you think that is the buffet noise we read so much about?" We were greatly relieved after reading such dire warnings about it as we really didn't have much choice, and agreed that if that was as bad as it was going to get, it would never bother us. It never did get any worse and we have rebooked this very same cabin for next year.

While waiting for replies I Searched on this topic of W rates . There's a theme that the most complained about cabins are those assigned as W's. OK, that makes sense, to get a discount take a risk.

It doesn't make much sense to discount a whole class, S2, below a rate, "W".

A class has varying qualities of cabins, the discounted rate is designed to fill cabins that might otherwise be rejected. I get this supply/ demand issue, I just don't get the advantage to X with this solution, which can lead to, in this instance, a "great cabin" being offered at a discount. .

It's just supply and demand. What one person likes may not be the same as another. There are lots of people who may not like the fact that 2148 is a long way from the elevators. That doesn't bother me, in fact I like the walk. There is also a little noise in the morning when they move the chairs on the deck above, but it's not bad. I love the aft view, the covered balcony and the space and storage in the cabin.

I've also been in a couple of them that are under the buffet and although the noise is definitely there, I can live with it for a good deal. Earplugs do work and since I have a husband who snores the walls down, it's great to have a bit more room in the cabin to escape to the sofa if necessary.

Mahalo

I've transferred my Hold on X website to my local TA, with some hassle for him. He thinks it will work out and he'll be able to provide some OBC and some discounted shore trips.

So...we shall see. Seems like a great price on a great cabin.

Archived