Equinox 3-4 no glass show

Kirsten T

I'd love to see it replaced with something else. A Lawn Club Grill would be fine, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be a dining venue - a sporting venue, workshop for classes/lectures of some type, a bandshell for afternoon concerts, another pool - anything would be more interesting than the glass show. We chose Reflection for our upcoming cruise specifically because we wanted something different from the glass show (and we're hoping that the presence of the Lawn Club Grill will finally mean there is decent pizza to be had on board).

I like the HGS, but if they replace it, I vote for a replacing it with a blacksmith....

Hi Eddie and Tom - we are on 15th as well - are you on our roll call?

Yes we are and can't wait to get on board! We leave next Tuesday for Ft. Lauderdale for a few days before the cruise and we will meet you at Sail Away!!! We are getting another snow storm tomorrow into Thursday with another foot!

My DH and I, and now my Mom as well, are all glass groupies. It's not just seeing things made, which is fun - but we really love the interaction with the 3 artists. Right now on Equinox there were 2 from Seattle and one from Corning (he's leaving after the current cruise and another will be joining the ship.) We learned a lot not only about glass blowing, but also about the history of glass, the technology behind various types (including the Gorilla glass in iPhones, the lens in the Hubble telescope and the windows in the space shuttles) and what it's like to be a professional artist. Laurie Kain puts on a GREAT show - she's a real live wire, in addition to making exquisite goblets and vases. All 3 "gaffers" loved to interact with the audience and were great ambassadors for the Museum, and great fun to watch.

Even if you're not a glass groupie, go see 2 shows: the one where they take drawings from the kids in the Fun Factory and in front of the kids, they choose and make one on the spot - and go see a night show. You really get a better idea of how hot the glass is, and how difficult it is to work with, at a night show. Plus being on the lawn (if it's a lovely warm night, as it was on our cruise) is something uniquely Celebrity.

They also raised about $600 (if I remember right) for breast cancer research by making and auctioning off a beautiful pink vase. They've raised thousands of dollars for the cause over several years of auctions - good for them, and good for Celebrity for making that happen.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Archived