Ohhh! The waiting....

Mandy923

The wait for our next cruise, is killing me! I swear, I feel obsessed with reading reviews, coming on here to just check on things, looking for future cruises. It's a distraction!

Our last cruise, was a family one, on Liberty of the Seas in December. SO MUCH FUN!

Next up is a short CTN with just my teenage daughter and myself- our of our home port, Norfolk. On the Glory. Our first time on Glory!

Then October our whole family (we have 3 kids: 16, 7, 4) will be on Glory again, for a 5 night to Bahamas.

And Jan. 2014 5 nights to Cozumel and Grand Caymen on Disney Wonder! Out of Miami.

So we have some cruises booked, but still. THE WAIT just seems to be really eating at me, for some reason.

I think a big part of it, has to do with the fact that it is just SO COLD and I'm really really done with Winter (my least favorite season). So the thought of the warm tropical breeze is just too good!

I think it also is one of the only times when we SLOW DOWN, as a family and eat every meal together, are not rushing off to work, school, swim team, gymnastics. Just TOGETHER, enjoying each other's company.

I do recognize that when I start to CRAVE a cruise- it is usually means that our family is in need of some re-connection and downtime. And it's then, I'll try plan a little weekend getaway, close by and easy to do.

Until Then...... Dreaming and thinking (dare I say, obsessing?) about our upcoming family cruises!

Tell me about it!!!! I didn't get out of the house until 3 yesterday:eek::eek::eek:

I was on here from 7am until about 1:30 just looking at CRUISE stuff!!!!

My family thinks I have lost my mind...lol

40 more days!!!!

Enjoy ALL of your cruises......you have quite the cruising schedule this year, into next.

Enjoy, and know you're not alone with the "OBSESSION";);)

You're not alone!! I too obsess!! Our last cruise my husband decided he needed a break from cruising and of course this left me a little bummed out. But I convinced myself that we would survive and skip a year cruising.

Then low and behold my SIL talked my husband into booking a cruise in October. I'm trying to control myself from the "planning" but I can't help it. On here constantly - looking for advice, opinions and as always helpful tidbits!!

You and your family are fortunate to have a few upcoming cruises to look forward too!! Good for you all. I agree - sometimes a little break to reconnect is well worth it!!

Have fun!

95% of the people on these boards feel the same way you do....I dont put myself too far away from a crack addicts addiction :eek:....( im always jonesing for a cruise):D:eek::D

I could not agree more!!!:D

you definitely aren't the only one! i still have 74 days left to go. it's my very first, and my first long trip alone as an adult, so i'm sure both of those add a LOT to the anticipation. my bf is convinced all i do is read the same things over and over. i swear they're different:rolleyes:

You are most definitely not alone! I was solidly hooked from my very first cruise in 2004 on the NCL Sea. From that point on, at least one a year! :D Then I had to go *gasp* SIX years since my last one. Feb rolls around and I start getting that itch to cruise, never fails, so I go online and read about every ship made, where it's going, etc. Now, I'm finally getting to go back for a very long awaited cruise on April 7th! My BF thinks I've lost it since all I've done is plan, read, plan, pack, shop, pack, plan, read...lol...

Oh man - talk about obsessing! What started out for us as a "cheap 11 nt trans-atlantic cruise" has blossomed into a 2 month extravaganza! I keep adding days on both ends - can't wait for it to start & don't want it to end!

I just went over on data cuz i was watching the miami webcam!! And look how many days i have to wait!!:eek:::rolleyes:

I love having cruises to look forward too!

Archived