best deals

kimmie32

We have had a positive experience with Diamonds International (waterfront St Thomas). I know they're a company the cruises push (and guarantee) but we did purchase our wedding bands at this location. It also helped lower our price because we had bought my engagement ring at another DI store (Barbados). They were great with us and lowered the price after calling for regional approval. icon_smile.gif Since we were there on land vacation that week, we did shop around on both STT and St John (stayed on St John) and ended up purchasing at DI. Now I want a pair of earrings on my next trip back... (and I don't wear jewelry!!!) icon_smile.gif

~ Mandy

NCL Sky 12/2000 - Western Caribbean

Celebrity Galaxy 12/2001 - Southern Caribbean

S/S Norway 03/2003 wedding cruise - Eastern Caribbean

~~~~ Married on the beach in St John! ~~~~

HAL ms Maasdam 11/23/2003 - Western Caribbean

• 3 years later...

Kimmie, though most people buy diamonds, you can get almost any precious or semi-precious sstone you might want, and you'll probably see some you've never heard of. The huge selection in all price ranges is what makes St Thomas such a jewelry shopping destination.

You can also get sterling silver and costume jewelry that's better quality and price than most stateside dept stores.

A popuar affordable stone is larimar, a blue, opaque stone that's only mined in the Caribbean. It's usually set with sterling silver, and there's a huge selection in the under $100 range.

So, when you ask about jewelry in St Thomas, it's a good idea to have some idea of what you want.

Archived