Ecstasy review Feb. 25 -march 2nd

gbphatcat

First i would like to thank everyone on Cruise Critic that gave me help along the way in preparing for my first ever cruise. I (41) was sailing with a small group for the Fun in the Son Gospel Music Cruise there was approx. 80 of us onboard the ship.

Pre cruise: left out Friday the 22nd from my home in Mississippi to spend the evening with friends in the Mississippi coast area that i was traveling to the cruise with. We got up Saturday morning and headed for Florida, it rained our whole ride down that day so we didn't really stop anywhere. Had hotel reservations at a Sleep Inn in Gainesville, great hotel, great breakfast , would stay there again. We got up Sunday morning and attended one of our association churches in Tuscanooga, enjoyed that very much. We continued on to Lakeland Florida. DO NOT stay in the Imperial Swan Hotel, its old outdated, nothing works and the breakfast is a joke.

Embarkation Day: I had purchased Faster to the Fun, and except for them calling me by my roommates name everything went smoothly, got through check-in, setting up my cash account, then upstairs for my card and a few minutes of waiting then I was on-board. Went straight to my room dropped off my carry-on and headed to lunch. I got lost several times the first day on the ship but learned it quickly, It started raining as we were leaving port, but once we got a little ways out it was clear sailing.

Sea Day: not a lot of details just enjoyed the day, our group had our first meeting that morning , but i missed it because i had went on the behind the fun tour, great dinner, the food was awesome the entire cruise, the group had their first concert that night and it was great and then our group took part in one of the karaoke sessions in the china town lounge

Half moon Cay: my snorkeling excursion was cancelled because of choppy seas so i ust spent the time in the water and on the beach took some pics around the island had the lunch which was good and then went back to the ship around 1:30 to relax in the hot tub

Nassau: Visited the pirates museum, fort fincastle, queens staircasr and then did some shopping for souvenirs in the straw market i think i got some decent deals with a little haggling.

Freeport: If you have kids or are single or may be part of a christian group I would not suggest the carnival excursion Bahamas culinary experience, the food was great, the chef was great also, but its not a family show if you get my meaning . Other than that i enjoyed freeport and did a little shopping

Debarkation: Went rather smoothly except for having to wait for the international guest to go through immigration 4 never showed up and had to be the last off the boat hope they didnt miss a flight. other than that and a snoty security guard i was off and out and waiting for the people i rode with and then soon on the way home

Chef's table: if you get a chance to do this it is well worth the cost, Chef Micheal is amazing and the food was fabulous as well as the people that joined me for this experience.

All in all a great cruise, would do it again in a second, If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask as i am sure i left out something.

p.s for those who have said the hair dryers the give you are low powered mine wasn't so don't pack one just ask for one they are good working ones. lol and i also took way too many clothes lol:)

Glad you had a great time on your cruise!! We are heading out on the Fascination from Jacksonville next week. I have a question for you about your Behind the Fun tour. How much was it, how long was the tour and did you like it and think it was worth the money. I believe Behind the Fun is cheaper and shorter on a 5 day cruise than it is on a 7 day. I can only find information on the 7 day. Thanks!

Archived