Best shuttles from LAX to...

Luckily, you were just going from your house to the port. It would have been worse for you if you were going to the airport. And your problem could happen with any shuttle company.

When it involves the airport/port, there are other options there such as taxis or even the shared shuttle services (such as both SS and PT) that may have available spots. But then you have to deal with trying to get a refund from the company that you've booked with but couldn't use. With point-to-point for a prebooked service, that would mean trying to get another option to come to your house (which would usually mean a taxi or for us, having to change at this point what we actually take and can cram into our sedan). The result of an unreliable service is that it inconveniences the customer. And in case, when PT was told that they had messed up with sending our vehicle to the port, the supervisor said there was no vehicle in our area. She actually asked "what time are you sailing?" I remember saying that we want a vehicle now -- don't make your mistake our problem.

I believe if the problems with these two shuttle companies were ongoing, we would be seeing more complaints than are showing up on this thread.
Take a look at the Better Business Bureau rating for each company and you'll find plenty! Both have been problems for years but since they are so cheap people will put up with it.

Enjoy

Ron

Take a look at the Better Business Bureau rating for each company and you'll find plenty! Both have been problems for years but since they are so cheap people will put up with it.

Enjoy

Ron

Are there any recent examples of cruisers expressing problems with these companies ?

This thread is only concerning people going from and to cruise terminals and LAX

Before my last cruise, I went on yelp and the BBB to help with researching land transportation companies. And yes, I am aware that there's a tendency for those with bad experiences to chime in as opposed to those who had a decent or even better experience. So often you have to consider the 1's and the 5's with a grain of salt and more look at the actual comments. If something is important to you, you have to pay attention; other complaints you can disregard if it's something not relevant to you.

For my family, it was reliability. We didn't want to wait for hours for a 10am pickup from my house. And to be told that our driver was on the opposite end of LA (and not according to the confirmation email that had the right info), well, that doesn't strike me as reliable. I'm not sure what the problem is with that company. I do understand that any company can make a mistake and after we got on our cruise, okay let's move on. But to me, good customer service would dictate that they would doubly make sure not to make the same mistake with the same customer two weeks later. So, they're off our list, at least for any pre-booking. I didn't go on yelp (at that time, never heard of that site) nor complained to the BBB. I did mention it on this board as this is a good place to recommend or "disrecommend" a hotel or attraction or shuttle company. I didn't join the site just to complain -- was already an established member by then. And despite what one CC member claims, I don't have any connection with any shuttle company.