Question about Room Assignments

Texaslady22

We are going on a cruise with my parents. We have a Deluxe Oceanview for 5; they have a Cove balcony for 2.

If one night my 6-year-old wants to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa, could he sleep on their sofa? Is that allowed or no?

(From what I understand, you just remove the cushions on the sofa and it's a bed, right? No work would have to be done by the steward)

He'll be fine. Though there won't be sheets for the sofa/bed...I wouldn't be surprised if the room steward would provide sheets if asked. Our daughter was happy she's getting the sofa on our upcoming cruise (in a Cove balcony on Dream).

I'm over 40 and leave it at that and I slept for a week on our Glory couch and it was very comfy. I'd put one kid in there all week. 5 in a room will be cozy. OR switch with grandparents and let them stay with the kids ;)

I'm over 40 and leave it at that and I slept for a week on our Glory couch and it was very comfy. I'd put one kid in there all week. 5 in a room will be cozy. OR switch with grandparents and let them stay with the kids ;)

Ha! We lived in a travel trailer for several months while we waited for our house to close. If we can do that, a week on a cruise ship will be no problem. The baby is 15 pounds and our middle child just turned 3. they don't take up much room! :p

Ha! We lived in a travel trailer for several months while we waited for our house to close. If we can do that, a week on a cruise ship will be no problem. The baby is 15 pounds and our middle child just turned 3. they don't take up much room! :p

Sounds like you have a great attitude. Happy sailing.

The only problem I see is if you have different stewards. Putting the kid on the sofa would create a little more work (making up the sofa).

Might want to tip the steward a bit extra if that's the case.

Archived