Move from Interior Spa Cabin to Balcony on the Breeze

brandn03

With the current sale that is going on, the price of a balcony has dropped enough for me to begin considering. I am currently in an interior spa cabin on deck 11 and I am considering moving to a balcony midship deck 9.

The difference in price would be $440 and I would lose $50 in OBC (assuming my OBC earned from previous price drops would be used toward the upgrade) for a total difference of $490.

This is my 4th cruise and my wife's 3rd; we have never had a balcony, or even an oceanview for that matter. We have always had an interior and we have been perfectly halpy there. But we would like to try A balcony just to see if we like it (how could we not?) Loosing the spa amenities isn't a big deal, as we booked the spa room more so for its location and easy access to the serenity deck. So we would lose that convenience, but we wouldn't be that much further away.

One thing that makes me want to switch (and this may be dumb), is that there are only 7 interior spa rooms left and the spa rooms are never included in these "big sales", so my chances for a price reduction are pretty low where I am currently. However, if I move to the balcony there are 20 or more rooms in the category so the price could drop even closer to what I'm paying now. Basically I want to spend more so that I could potentially save more later.

What's everyone's opinion on this? Does it seem like a good deal? I know it depends on how much I am willing to pay, and I can say that the money isn't an issue, but I still like to know I am getting a good value. Basically I just wanted to spell it out on the internet so a bunch of strangers will tell me I am making a good decision :) But seriously, is it a good decision?

Thanks!

Access to the spa is worth more than a balcony to me so it depends on your likes. The Cloud 9 spas are AMAZING and so if I was to move to the balcony your considering I would then have to spend an additional $250 on the spa pass. That is not worth the balcony in MY opinion. But again, depends on you and your likes.

Access to the spa is worth more than a balcony to me so it depends on your likes. The Cloud 9 spas are AMAZING and so if I was to move to the balcony your considering I would then have to spend an additional $250 on the spa pass. That is not worth the balcony in MY opinion. But again, depends on you and your likes.

Good point! The spa amenities are a $250 value, but like I said I'm not exactly sure how much we would use them, and on the other hand I'm not really sure how much we would use/enjoy the balcony. We have never had either!

Speaking for myself (and not my wife), I believe I would use the balcony more. Maybe I should defer to her for this decision...

My husband was skeptical about the spa also- he ended up wanting to go everyday sometimes twice a day. The Cloud 9 spa ships are his fav now. There is just something wonderful about getting away from the crowds and relaxing in that Thalasotherapy pool and the thermal suites- it is the ultimate indulgence! To me it says "Vacation!!!!

Well, I went ahead and made the move. I'm now in a balcony on deck 8 midship. The best part...when all was said and done it only cost me around $125 pp more from the original price a paid for my 4J when I booked last June, plus there are plenty of cabins left in this category, so I have high hopes for some more price drops once the final payment date passes!

With the current sale that is going on, the price of a balcony has dropped enough for me to begin considering. I am currently in an interior spa cabin on deck 11 and I am considering moving to a balcony midship deck 9.

The difference in price would be $440 and I would lose $50 in OBC (assuming my OBC earned from previous price drops would be used toward the upgrade) for a total difference of $490.

This is my 4th cruise and my wife's 3rd; we have never had a balcony, or even an oceanview for that matter. We have always had an interior and we have been perfectly halpy there. But we would like to try A balcony just to see if we like it (how could we not?) Loosing the spa amenities isn't a big deal, as we booked the spa room more so for its location and easy access to the serenity deck. So we would lose that convenience, but we wouldn't be that much further away.

One thing that makes me want to switch (and this may be dumb), is that there are only 7 interior spa rooms left and the spa rooms are never included in these "big sales", so my chances for a price reduction are pretty low where I am currently. However, if I move to the balcony there are 20 or more rooms in the category so the price could drop even closer to what I'm paying now. Basically I want to spend more so that I could potentially save more later.

What's everyone's opinion on this? Does it seem like a good deal? I know it depends on how much I am willing to pay, and I can say that the money isn't an issue, but I still like to know I am getting a good value. Basically I just wanted to spell it out on the internet so a bunch of strangers will tell me I am making a good decision :) But seriously, is it a good decision?

Thanks!

My wife and I used the Cloud 9 Spa on Magic and it was the highlight of our cruise (the steam rooms, the thalessoptherapy (sp?) pool.

With that said we only used it on sea days and paid the 35 pp fee. A balcony would be way more important to me than unlimited access to the spa.

My husband was skeptical about the spa also- he ended up wanting to go everyday sometimes twice a day. The Cloud 9 spa ships are his fav now. There is just something wonderful about getting away from the crowds and relaxing in that Thalasotherapy pool and the thermal suites- it is the ultimate indulgence! To me it says "Vacation!!!!

That pool and steam rooms made a big difference as well on our skins. More so than any of the actual spa treatments. It was really worth the 35 pp fee. I always tell people to get it on at least 2 of the sea days on a 7 day cruise. It works out cheaper than paying for full access for the week.

We found on port days we just wouldn't have the time to make use of the facilities.

I see that you already made your decision, so I am just responding for others who may be interested.

DH and I like the spa facilities a lot. We used them every day. I went once or twice a day in the thalasso pool and then spent a considerable time on the heated tile loungers either watching the ocean, resting my eyes, or reading my nook. DH also went into the aroma/steam rooms but those were too hot/steamy for me.

So, I would pick the spa facilities over a balcony.

Maggie

My husband loves his balcony, I love the spa. Honestly though, we are just off the Breeze and as amazing as the t-pool looked, there is just SO MUCH to do on that ship, that it would have been hard to get my money's worth. But we were on a 6 day cruise too. Hope you have a port side cabin....those always seem to have the better views for some reason coming in to port.

Archived