Does Disney have Formal Nights???

grandmaR

I have questions which I have not been able to get answers to in the Roll Call so maybe here is a good place to ask (?)

Someone told me that instead they have theme nights where you dress up for that theme. One of them I heard about was Pirates. Is this true and what do I need to bring for that? [i don't normally pack anything except boring dresses or separates] What are the theme nights to be prepared for on Fantasy? I like to be prepared and don't appreciate surprises - I don't think that is fun.

I have questions which I have not been able to get answers to in the Roll Call so maybe here is a good place to ask (?)

Someone told me that instead they have theme nights where you dress up for that theme. One of them I heard about was Pirates. Is this true and what do I need to bring for that? [i don't normally pack anything except boring dresses or separates] What are the theme nights to be prepared for on Fantasy? I like to be prepared and don't appreciate surprises - I don't think that is fun.

Disney does have a pirate night on almost all of their cruises, and they usually shoot fireworks that night as well.

On the shorter cruises they have a dressy night, where it's suggested you dress up, but not all do.

On the longer cruises they have a formal and semi formal night as well

There was a formal night on the Fantasy, cant remember whch night it was. Women seemed to dress up than the men. I didnt see any tuxes but did see nice suits. Women wore everything from long formal dresses ot short dressy black dresses with nice jewelry. Many didnt dress formal but did dress nice.

Yes there is a pirate night. Its optional to dress up but it really is fun and most do dress up some way. You will see full pirate attire to just pirate t-shirts, torn jeans and pirate bandanas and eye patches. You dress for dinner like that and stay all the rest of the night until after the 10:30 fireworks.

The characters and wait staff will all have pirate attire on and Captain Jack Sparrow has photo times that evening. A photo with him while in your pirate clothes makes a great souvenir. Its my favorite picture.

Anyone can have aphoto with a character but to come home and show family and friends a photo with Capt. Jack while your dressed like a pirate is really unusual and fun.

I just got clothes from a used clothing store and put rips and patche son them, got some chains there for jewelry and paid 99 cents for an eye patch at Wal Mart at Halloween and used it for several cruises.

If you dont dress in pirate attire they suggest cruise casual that night.

Kathy

There was a formal night on the Fantasy, cant remember whch night it was. Women seemed to dress up than the men. I didnt see any tuxes but did see nice suits. Women wore everything from long formal dresses ot short dressy black dresses with nice jewelry. Many didnt dress formal but did dress nice.

Yes there is a pirate night. Its optional to dress up but it really is fun and most do dress up some way. You will see full pirate attire to just pirate t-shirts, torn jeans and pirate bandanas and eye patches. You dress for dinner like that and stay all the rest of the night until after the 10:30 fireworks.

The characters and wait staff will all have pirate attire on and Captain Jack Sparrow has photo times that evening. A photo with him while in your pirate clothes makes a great souvenir. Its my favorite picture.

Anyone can have aphoto with a character but to come home and show family and friends a photo with Capt. Jack while your dressed like a pirate is really unusual and fun.

I just got clothes from a used clothing store and put rips and patche son them, got some chains there for jewelry and paid 99 cents for an eye patch at Wal Mart at Halloween and used it for several cruises.

If you dont dress in pirate attire they suggest cruise casual that night.

Kathy

Thank you VERY MUCH.

I think I have an eye patch if I can find it and my granddaughter's sister has one also. I think I have New Orleans beads, and I have some of those scarves too. I've been throwing out all my old clothes, but maybe I have some left.

Thank you VERY MUCH.

I think I have an eye patch if I can find it and my granddaughter's sister has one also. I think I have New Orleans beads, and I have some of those scarves too. I've been throwing out all my old clothes, but maybe I have some left.

Its amazing what you can come up with just by cleaning out the drawers and cutting some ragged edges. I have some winter boots I wear too. You can google Pirate costumes on line and get some ideas too.

Have fun!!

Kathy

You absolutely do not have to bring anything special for any of the nights.

Some people like to bring some degree of a "pirate" costume to wear on Pirate Night" by not everyone does...not even the majority.

They sometimes have other theme nights, like a Mickey Mouse Club night, and again, you don't need anything special for this.

Formal & semi-formal nights on the 7 night cruises...yes, you'd at least want a nice dress, but it doesn't have to be a formal gown. Even a shirt and tie for the men is okay, it doesn't have to be a full suit or a tux.

For dinner at Palo or Remy, men are required to wear a dress shirt and tie, and I believe a jacket is required at Remy...you can check on Disney Cruise Line's website to be certain. There's also a brunch at Palo on the longer cruises, and they ask for nice slacks or skirts, nice tops and a nice shirt for the men, a polo with collar is acceptable for brunch. No flip flops.

Basically, common sense and good manners can be your guide.

Archived