Question about Chef's Table

chelle74

My husband and I will be on the April 10 sailing of the Sun and are very interested in attending the Chef's Table dinner. I read back through the little bit of information I could find about the Chef's Table, and it seems as though they may offer it more than once on longer itineraries (ours is 11 nights) and may possibly seat more than 12 guests, but I can't find any definitive information.

We won't make it to the ship until probably close to 2pm because of our flight, and I'm worried that all of the Chef's Table seats will be taken by that time since the reservations are on a first-come, first served basis. I'm curious if they have been selling out very quickly, or if we still have a shot at getting a reservation.

Any suggestions or information would be very much appreciated!

My husband and I will be on the April 10 sailing of the Sun and are very interested in attending the Chef's Table dinner. I read back through the little bit of information I could find about the Chef's Table, and it seems as though they may offer it more than once on longer itineraries (ours is 11 nights) and may possibly seat more than 12 guests, but I can't find any definitive information.

We won't make it to the ship until probably close to 2pm because of our flight, and I'm worried that all of the Chef's Table seats will be taken by that time since the reservations are on a first-come, first served basis. I'm curious if they have been selling out very quickly, or if we still have a shot at getting a reservation.

Any suggestions or information would be very much appreciated!

We just finished a B2B on the Star and one of the waiters at the chef's table is my good friend. He told me they often have more than 12 people at the dinner. Sometimes filling a second table of 12.

Our experience has been this, if more than 12 sign up they start a wait list. If they get at least 9 or 10 on the wait list they will have a second Chef's Table on another night. They have been very strict on the total being 12, so much so that a family had to leave one member out because of space.

Ours was sold out by 1 pm on boarding day in December, suites got about 6 of the seats while waiting to board through the Concierge, the rest filled up between 11 am and 1 pm.

Great meal and lots of fun with excellent wine!!

Archived