Pearl...Aft balcony OR Mid ship mini suite??

bagzrpacked

Hola!

We have a penthouse suite Aft 9th floor.

My sister and brother in law have a choice between Aft balcony Or mid ship mini suite.

Last cruise, we stayed in a mid ship mini suite and loved it.

Never stayed in aft.

If the mini is better, I figure they can ways come to our room to enjoy the aft.

Any advice, tips, pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

To us, aft is always preferable. No wind while at sea. We routinely leave the doors open through the night. I have even slept outside some nights. Afternoons on the balcony with a drink and a book are perfect. It can be a bit of a walk to meals and events but the room is our first choice.

We would be on deck 9.

Do you know what the shower is like in a balcony aft?

Decent size? We loved the big tub/shower in our mini suite.

Our shower in adventure of the seas was tiny.

I just want them to get the best room for the buck.

thanks again

If space is the issue, go with the mini.

We have never had aft balcony, but we did have a mini right outside the aft elevator. Perfect to zip up to Garden cafe for a snack.

I do agree- the larger shower/bath makes a difference to us.

I say the aft. I've had a forward penthouse and balconies midship and aft. While I did enjoy the forward balcony, that's not an issue here. The lack of wind and potential extra outdoor space of the aft balcony win. How much time will they actually spend inside the room as opposed to on the balcony or elsewhere on the ship to need the slight extra space the MS will give? And if they have any issues at all with smokers, that's less of an issue on an aft balcony than a balcony anywhere on the side of the ship.

We were in a mini suite on the Pearl in Dec. (deck 10) and loved it. More square footage in the room AND the balcony. (and you do get the bathtub/shower vs. shower) I have a tendency for sea sickness, so I try to stay mid ship.

• 3 months later...

There are no minis on Deck 10 on the Pearl. They are all on Deck 11. We stayed in 11626 a few years ago and didn't have any noise issues. Plus, it was only one deck down from the buffet. Great for a quick snack to enjoy on the balcony.

There are no minis on Deck 10 on the Pearl. They are all on Deck 11. We stayed in 11626 a few years ago and didn't have any noise issues. Plus, it was only one deck down from the buffet. Great for a quick snack to enjoy on the balcony.

Thank you. I think you were under La Cucina restaurant. Do you know what the big open space forward of La Cucina is? That area is above our potential location, but not identified as anything on the deck plan.

We have our first AFT Penthouse next year on the Pearl. Can't wait. also with the penthouse, you get the suite benefits too which is a big plus.

On my cruising blog I have quite a bit of information and links to videos that pertain to cabins on the ship. Thought you might find it helpful:

http://cruising.kreateskards.com/?s=Pearl&searchsubmit=

Here's an AFT photo of the Pearl where I added in the cabin numbers in case you need that too:

PearlAFTcloseUp.jpg

I added in cabin numbers for the AFT cabins on the NCL Pearl. Hope it will be helpful if you are choosing one of these cabins. It appears on Deck 11 that there are two inside cabins on the back of the ship .. one port … one starboard. (PORT = Left and Starboard = Right as you are facing towards the front of the ship).

We were in 11044 mini-suite on the Pearl and didn't have any noise nor did the neighbors we asked. It was close enough to mid-ship yet convenient to buffet and spa. I'd stay in that again though have never had an aft suite (although did visit one on a cruise crawl.)

I love AFT cabins. The views, the sound of the wake and no wind issues. There is more room in a mini and there is the bath so it really depends if you need that over the other experiences.

We were in 11650 which is an accessible mini right under the eating area above. We had no issues with noise, rubbish dropping and would not have known a public area was above us.

I am sure which ever you pick you will have the best time. Enjoy.

• 7 months later...

I've been in aft balconies on the Jewel and loved the balcony. The aft balconies are sold out so I booked an aft mini suite on the next trip. Can someone tell me ... is the balcony on the aft mini larger then the port or starboard mini suites?