Carnival Magic Wedding review 03/03/13

Thank you!!! :) We purchased a package....He had everything printed and he also had a book that he was trying to sell us. I had read on here that alot of photographers cut deals for people....but our photographer would not BUDGE!! I was kind of upset about that....I'm not sure if they work on commission or how that works...but he kept trying to sell us the book and the prints that we had chosen for $4000.....well we did not even come close to having that kind of money to spend on pictures. So he told us to tell him how much we had to spend and to be honest. So we told him we had $1500 and so he said well then you will have to go with the $1500 package...which meant we had to go through the pictures we had already picked and get rid of a bunch! That was really really hard to do! We asked if he could give us a better deal on all of the ones that we wanted and he was like nope sorry! So I'm not sure what the deal was.

Congrats on your wedding! Our guy was the head photographer for the ship I believe. It was his name on the sign outside the studio. He showed us everything all the pics, the book, and said the DVD and 2 large canvas prints for ~$4K. I balked, he said small canvas for ~$3600. I stammered a bit, told him we love the pictures but we have a baby on the way, and there's just no way, could we see the lesser list? He gave us the lower priced list, and said, "Minus the canvas, everything you see here, plus a DVD with all pics, $1590, the best I can do." We agreed.

I mean what else are they going to do with all those pictures? The work is done for the most part...

Congrats on your wedding! Our guy was the head photographer for the ship I believe. It was his name on the sign outside the studio. He showed us everything all the pics, the book, and said the DVD and 2 large canvas prints for ~$4K. I balked, he said small canvas for ~$3600. I stammered a bit, told him we love the pictures but we have a baby on the way, and there's just no way, could we see the lesser list? He gave us the lower priced list, and said, "Minus the canvas, everything you see here, plus a DVD with all pics, $1590, the best I can do." We agreed.

I mean what else are they going to do with all those pictures? The work is done for the most part...

Wow, its a shame how it all depends on who you have to talk to. Thank you for sharing your picture experience. I'm SO SO glad to hear that the canvas lowered the price so much, because for myself and my fiance I know we don't really need/want it and can easily get a canvas made from a picture off of the CD later if we want to! Now when he said "all pics" for the $1590 package you got, was that literally all of the pictures he took or just some number (how many approx.?) of pictures that you all chose as your favorites?

I'm praying for a nice photographer and the fiance and I will definitely negotiate until we are happy! lol

Edited by 4EverHis2013
forgot something

I don't know how the Photographer choice works. It's an issue that we contemplated on our cruise as well, since there was another couple that got married on our ship at the exact same time. There wasn't enough time for him to do both. So why did we get the top guy on the ship? I specified we wouldn't be buying ANY photos, which I now know was silly. So I wonder who they got and whether they were as ecstatic with their photos as we are... we never ran into them and only saw them sparingly.

It was widely known that their parents purchased the cruise and wedding for them. Also that they both worked for a grocery store and were young. Perhaps they even purchased a lower tier photo package? I don't know. Maybe the photo department is hedging their bets on who will buy the bigger package...

Edited by Pyrofish

I don't know how the Photographer choice works. It's an issue that we contemplated on our cruise as well, since there was another couple that got married on our ship at the exact same time. There wasn't enough time for him to do both. So why did we get the top guy on the ship? I specified we wouldn't be buying ANY photos, which I now know was silly. So I wonder who they got and whether they were as ecstatic with their photos as we are... we never ran into them and only saw them sparingly.

It was widely known that their parents purchased the cruise and wedding for them. Also that they both worked for a grocery store and were young. Perhaps they even purchased a lower tier photo package? I don't know. Maybe the photo department is hedging their bets on who will buy the bigger package...

I honestly was hoping we could have worked out some sort of deal to get more pictures, but he would NOT stray from the packages and the prices marked for them. We tried so much....my husband even said....ya'll are just going to throw all of these prints away! At least cut us a deal on them....nope....he would not! I should have asked for a supervisor, but didn't think about it at the time.

OH Nooooo how i miss the Email pix... Me tp pretty Please, and Thank U soooooo much for doing a review.. Congrats to U and I wish U alot of happiness... Allaboutthis04 at yahoo dot com

sent! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our wedding is set for June 8, 2014 on Carnival Magic and I cannot wait. We got engaged last year August 5 on the Magic...

My big question is about sending out save the date cards and then the invitations. We really need to get a head count for the wedding but how do we do that without being rude and asking point blank.."hey, are you coming or not?" Any ideas???

Our wedding is set for June 8, 2014 on Carnival Magic and I cannot wait. We got engaged last year August 5 on the Magic...

My big question is about sending out save the date cards and then the invitations. We really need to get a head count for the wedding but how do we do that without being rude and asking point blank.."hey, are you coming or not?" Any ideas???

We're planning on getting married on the Carnival Dream on June 21, 2014. We really wanted our immediate family there for the cruise, but everyone else we don't care one way or the other. Before booking anything, I set up our wedding website with cruise info and we gave the site address to all of our immediate family and asked their opinion on it and if they'd be able to go. If the immediate family couldn't do it we would change plans. Luckily they all loved the idea and said they are in, so I at least know they are going. Beyond that, I set my max. guest limit at 50 people (partially because I want small wedding and partially due to the added cost over 50 people). So, I'm only inviting 50 people, included immediate family. Well, actually I'm mailing invites to 56 people, but I know about 10 of them won't be able to go, but we are sending them invites out of courtesy. If I have less than 50, that's fine. But, at this point most people know what we plan for the wedding, even though we haven't actually invited anyone yet. We are still debating if we should do group booking or just all do individual bookings. But, group booking only requires 5 rooms to start, which we can get with immediate family that we know are going. Then we can add others to the group later.

I was going to do STD's, then actual invites later. But, I figured some people may prefer to have the cruise info and start booking earlier and my STD's ended up looking like full invites anyway. So, I decided to just do actual invites, which I'll probably will send out 10-12 months before cruise. The invite is somewhat basic and will direct them to the website which has more detailed info on the cruise and booking info. With the invite I'm also sending out a "Preliminary RSVP" asking for early response on who thinks they'll be able to go or not, realizing that this far in advance things may change. I'm not asking for any other info from them at this time, just a yes, no, or maybe. Then about 3-4 months before cruise I plan to send out more detailed trip info packets, with info on the destinations & excursions and full booking info. With that one I will have a more detailed/final RSVP, asking for booking numbers, ID numbers, birthdates, and all other info required by the cruiseline. That gives me a little time to chase down anyone that doesn't respond before that final info is due to the cruise and they need absolute count. Than about a month prior to cruise I plan to mail out luggage tags, cruise tips, packing lists, ship maps, and any other info that may be helpful.

So, I'll have a pretty good idea of who's coming nearly a year in advance, but I don't really need the final count until later. If they respond as maybe, I'll probably assume they are going until I hear otherwise.

Edited by NL2134

• 1 year later...