From movies to crepes - Eurodam

Dallas girl

Hi all. Is there a good selection of recent, say 2-5 years old, DVDs in the library? I assume there are plenty of classics. :) Also, would anyone be able to tell me what movies are currently being show in the theater? I read on another thread that Lincoln was shown - hoping that's still being shown.

Lastly, will I be able to find crepes on board? I can't recall which lines we've sailed before that had them in the buffet area, but since they make me especially happy, I'd like to know. :D

I know I paid for them on X last year & that's okay too!

Been years since they made crepes tableside in the MDR every night. We well remember crepes suzette, bananas foster, cherries jubliee etc all made at our table side. Then they moved the cart to the side but continued to offer them. Then they started bring prepared crepes from the galley........ then they stopped them just about entirely.

I don't recall seeing crepes in Lido on any regular basis.

crepes were offered for breakfast in the Lido some mornings, with a selection of fruit toppings, and they were being prepared fresh right at the counter - they seem to try to vary some of the breakfast selections

never remember having dessert crepes offered at dinner in MDR or Pinnacle after many different ships - I would have ordered them for sure if they had been there

crepes were offered for breakfast in the Lido some mornings, with a selection of fruit toppings, and they were being prepared fresh right at the counter - they seem to try to vary some of the breakfast selections

never remember having dessert crepes offered at dinner in MDR or Pinnacle after many different ships - I would have ordered them for sure if they had been there

I have never seen crepes prepared in the Lido for breakfast.

What ship was this on?

You gave me hope! :D

I have never seen crepes prepared in the Lido for breakfast.

What ship was this on?

You burst my bubble. Lol! ;)

I have no memory of ever seeing breakfast crepes in Lido but am interested to hear others have. I admit we don't go to Lido breakfast very often so may not know what we are missing. :) On which ship did you see them/eat them?

Have to agree -- it has been several years since HAL has prepared any fancy desserts either tableside or even in the kitchen like crepes, etc. Those desserts we loved.

These new desserts -- not very good.

DH loved when they made him crepes suzette and cherries jubilee tableside. Dinner was so elegant in those years. The desserts today are a shadow of their former 'selves'. :D I'm happy as they don't tempt me. Most I have is a dish of sherbert or a scoop of ice cream and then only have a spoonful or two and am finished. I'm happy to not be tempted.

DH loved when they made him crepes suzette and cherries jubilee tableside. Dinner was so elegant in those years. The desserts today are a shadow of their former 'selves'. :D I'm happy as they don't tempt me. Most I have is a dish of sherbert or a scoop of ice cream and then only have a spoonful or two and am finished. I'm happy to not be tempted.

I no longer like HAL's ice cream -- I don't know what brand they are getting now, but it has no flavor.

The dessert crepes prepared tableside was one of the things that distinguished HAL as "premium".

I also recall stewards passing sectioned silver serving dishes each dinner offering our choice from various vegetables. There were always four or five choices and he'd serve our choice to each of us.

There were crepe's for breakfast most mornings in the Lido at the waffle station on the NA Thanksgiving 2012 and the Eurodam Easter 2012. My kids had them for the first time and loved them (with the fruit topping and whipped cream of course:))

There were crepe's for breakfast most mornings in the Lido at the waffle station on the NA Thanksgiving 2012 and the Eurodam Easter 2012. My kids had them for the first time and loved them (with the fruit topping and whipped cream of course:))

Sounds like dessert. :D

whipped cream and fruit........

Happy the children enjoyed them. :)

Maybe this will spread to the other ships -- I hope.

Archived