Just Back from Caribbean Princess June 4 Sailing-What a Ride!

monk888

Milt and Kathy,

On the CB, anytime dining is just like going to a restaurant. You can show up at one of two restaurants on the ship and tell them you want a table. If one is available, they seat you immediately. If not, they take your name and you go grab a drink at the nearest bar and wait. The average waits are usually under 15 minutes. If you want, you can make a standing reservation at say 7PM nightly and then just adjust accordingly. If you're having too much fun, just call the concierge and tell them to cancel for that night.

On the CB, you can also go to the Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe at any time, day or night, 24/7, and eat. You can do that whether or not you have traditional dining or anytime dining. Just wander in, pick up a plate, fill it up and eat. Same thing with Prego Pizza. Just walk up, tell them what you want or walk away with some delicious pizza. Same thing at the Trident Grill that serves burgers, dogs, brats and fries.

As God as my witness, when you sail on the CB, you'll never be hungry again!

The Monk

One more thing to add to Anytime dining, when you don't have a reservation and you just show up, you can be seated quicker if you don't mind sitting with other folks. Also if you have a standing reservation and you are 15 or more minutes late, they give up your table for that night.

Between Anytime dinning and the Carib Cafe, I may never do traditional again. We throughly enjoyed all the dinning options now offered on the Grand class of ships. We just got off the CP on the 4th and hated to leave. I second Monks comments on the food and service. Sterlings was great too. Bert was awesome and the Juggler/Comedian was awesome, part of his act was in the dark with lighted pins. It was an incredible show. Also not to missed is "Caribbean Caliente" show. Very well done.

Out of my 10 cruises so far, this was the 3rd best overall. 2 of those 3 are on Princess.

Quickly becoming my favorite cruise line.

Monk888, thanks for the wonderful review! I'll be on the Jun 25 sailing and can't wait!

:D

Cadburysmom,

You're very welcome. The CB is a great ship and I am crazy about it as you can tell from my review. If you are still hungry for more, I am attaching a link below to my review from my last cruise on the CB on June 26, 2004. I am also attaching a link to some photos I took last time and a link to a great site devoted solely to the Caribbean Princess (CB). Enjoy!

The Monk

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=49514

http://community.webshots.com/album/163544676IXfbis

http://cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/

Monk- Thanks so much for taking the time for such a complete review.

It's good to see you had (another) great cruise on the Caribbean Princess!

Chris,

Good to hear from you again. I have been gone a while, but had to climb back aboard the CB for the Western itinerary. Like you, I just love that ship. It has actually gotten better. Now, if they would just add the gaming arcade back there where that ping pong table is, it would be absolute perfection. Take care.

The Monk

Sorry to hear the weather wasn't great during your June 4 - 11 cruise. We were almost aboard your sailing. We had booked the Caribbean Princess, along with our 3 adult children and my son's wife - 3 inside cabins. On the day before our sailing (May 20) our cruise agent called and told us that the May 21 - May 28 sailing was oversold. We were offered upgrades to balcony cabins + shipboard credit, plus compensation for changing flights. If it were just my husband and I, we would have changed to the June 4 sailing. However, our children couldn't change their plans. We found it interesting that Princess was scrambling the day prior to sailing to "bump" people off the ship. We were very fortunate to have perfect weather during our cruise - waves were 0' to 4' during the entire cruise - and sunny skies - no rain.

We love sailing on the Caribbean Princess. We did the Eastern Caribbean itinerary in January '05 and the Western Caribbean itinerary in May '05. We preferred the Western itinerary and are disappointed that the CP will only be sailing the Eastern itinerary next year - with the Star Princess doing the Western. We really love MUTS and the Caribe Cafe - which are only on the CP.

Archived