should we book a tour for barcelona

Hi, we are going to be in barcelona for two days before boarding our ship, splendour of the sea. Any suggestions if we should book a tour now, online, or should we do it on our own, or should we wait until we get into our hotel to see what they offer. Thanks

Just returned from same cruise on splendor in May. The Touristic Bus, hop on/off bus is great. Don't think you need a tour. We took the bus. It's open on top and they stop frequently and give the area details. 3 routes each take about 40-50 min. We used it like taxi service after we did the tour and figured out where we wanted to go.

I think the tourist bus is expensive.

Decide on what you want to see since you only have a couple of days.

Download the subway map here http://www.barcelona.com/barcelona/Jahia/lang/en/pid/156

and then map out your two days.

The tourist bus will take you around to see (but not necessarily visit) everything. Instead you can actually visit what you want. And it's a lot cheaper.

If you stay around PLaca Catalunya, you will be able to walk to the Gaudi houses, the Cathedral, the Gothic Quarter and Las Ramblas. You'll need the subway for Sagrada Familia and Gaudi Parc.

We were just there in May, and followed Bruin Steve's advice to a T (check out the link to his thread, above). We took cabs to the various sites we wanted to see, and saved a bunch of money and time doing this. There were four of us -- to take the Bus Turistica woud have cost 64 Euros, whereas we spent I think less than 30 on taxis, plus we didn't have to waste time sitting on the bus for hours. The bus takes something like 4 hours total to make its circuit, and we didn't want to waste time on it driving out to areas we didn't want (or have time) to visit. Instead we just cabbed it from place to place, and had a perfect day.

LeeAnne

From what I understand, you just went on the splendour to europe? I'm going on June 25, and I would really enjoy reading your report on the trip. If You could email it to me at jew57068@creighton.edu I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Julie

Laura:

I just responded to your other post. If you like, I can email you a comprehensive report of our trip, including things to do on your own, and how to do it. You do not need a tour in Barcelona. It is a very easy city to see on your own.

Ron

From what I understand, you just went on the splendour to europe? I'm going on June 25, and I would really enjoy reading your report on the trip. If You could email it to me at jew57068@creighton.edu I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Julie

Julie, our family is on this cruise, too. Have you signed up for a Meet and Greet?

• 3 weeks later...
Laura:

I just responded to your other post. If you like, I can email you a comprehensive report of our trip, including things to do on your own, and how to do it. You do not need a tour in Barcelona. It is a very easy city to see on your own.

Ron

Ron:

Can you email me your Barcelona report? Here's my address

craftsa@comcast.net

Thanks

Patty:)

Laura:

Ron

I would love to have your report too. Thanks! Jeanne

jenobutzer1@earthlink.net

Archived