Ships with dark blue hulls...

Bourne in 64

Great photos. We also thought the Zaandam was great. I blogged on the HAL blog our adventures both in Mexico and Hawaii--February 9 -March 2, 2013.

Zaandam just started a new program called "On Location" on our Hawaiian portion of the cruise. Did they also do something similar on the Mexican portion of your cruise? While on the Zaandam, I talked to the events manager and said that HAL was trying too add cultural experiences on board to their cruise destinations. But maybe the Mexican cruise is too short. Was Kainoa still onboard for your cruise?

Great photos-thanks for sharing them.

We were on the Zaandam in October when they were replacing the carpeting. Will have to go back on her to see the rooms all freshened up. Your photos in PV are so different than ours-it was pouring rain when we were there! Loved the ones from Cabo too. Brings back memories.

We enjoyed our cruise even though there were issues with the carpet replacement but I wouldn't hesitate to go on board her again. Have always loved the crew on the ships.

We also went on a HAL Mexican Riviera cruise with reduced expectations, and like you we were pleasantly surprised. I would do it again, though only if HAL offers three port stops again.

igraf

Being reasonable with expectation is a good thing! :D

I thought I would like the overnight in Puerto Vallarta but other than getting some good night time photos I believe I would have liked a third stop as well.

We're on the Zaandam next month so it was a treat to see the ship photos. I especially like the pair of the ship, one in the daytime and then same shot lit up at night - very dramatic. :-)

I'm glad I posted them, thank you. And I'm glad they gave you an idea of what to expect. There are so many outdated and biased opinions out there. A pictures worth....yeah :D

Great photos-thanks for sharing them.

We were on the Zaandam in October when they were replacing the carpeting. Will have to go back on her to see the rooms all freshened up. Your photos in PV are so different than ours-it was pouring rain when we were there! Loved the ones from Cabo too. Brings back memories.

We enjoyed our cruise even though there were issues with the carpet replacement but I wouldn't hesitate to go on board her again. Have always loved the crew on the ships.

Boo on the rain. :mad: I'm sorry to hear that. Late winter and early spring (I believe) are the driest months down there. Another reason I opted for Mexico over the Caribbean. But mostly spring break...I'll be avoiding Florida during spring break! :eek: I had wondered how old the carpet was, it looked pretty fresh. Glad it didn't cause you too much grief as I've read it can be quite an inconvenience. Thank you for the compliments.

Great photos. We also thought the Zaandam was great. I blogged on the HAL blog our adventures both in Mexico and Hawaii--February 9 -March 2, 2013.

Zaandam just started a new program called "On Location" on our Hawaiian portion of the cruise. Did they also do something similar on the Mexican portion of your cruise? While on the Zaandam, I talked to the events manager and said that HAL was trying too add cultural experiences on board to their cruise destinations. But maybe the Mexican cruise is too short. Was Kainoa still onboard for your cruise?

Sharon and Al? I read your blog entries! Yes, Kainoa was onboard and had great commentary and information. I didn't actually meet him in person until our last day at sea. The ship has so many great people onboard it makes me want to take the same cruise again. It will be a while before I can take anything longer than 7 days though. It's nearly impossible to be gone more than one week at a time from work.

Thanks for sharing your pictures! We were on that cruise too as well as Two if by Sea! The whales at the end were my favorite part of that excursion. My grandma enjoyed the kiss during the singing part before we stopped to watch the whales.

Our camera stopped working half way through our snorkeling and it was nice to see the rest of the PV shots you had taken. We didn't take the hike to the falls so seeing your tour was an added bonus.

We LOVE sailing on HAL ships and the Zaandam was just right for us. I would have liked to hear the organ...maybe next time.

HAPPY SAILING ~~Angie

Thanks for sharing your pictures! We were on that cruise too as well as Two if by Sea! The whales at the end were my favorite part of that excursion. My grandma enjoyed the kiss during the singing part before we stopped to watch the whales.

Our camera stopped working half way through our snorkeling and it was nice to see the rest of the PV shots you had taken. We didn't take the hike to the falls so seeing your tour was an added bonus.

We LOVE sailing on HAL ships and the Zaandam was just right for us. I would have liked to hear the organ...maybe next time.

HAPPY SAILING ~~Angie

Hi, Angie

It's a small world!! (Well, this is a big website) That is too cool, and I'm glad you like them! I must have you (I'm sure I have your grandma) on video during the karaoke then too :) I don't think I have the kiss though, I'll have to look at it again.

I just started processing the video and if I can get this pesky software to stop crashing on me should have it done in, oh, a WEEK. Like to have it done sooner but work is getting in the way. Let's keep in touch and I can send you a disk of at least the Two if by Sea excursion when finished.

That week was the most incredible time I have had in years.

Archived