When should we book our November Transatlantic?

Hi everyone,

We are going to do transatlantic in April from USA to Europe. When we looked at the airfares to get us to the USA it was more expensive to buy a one way than a return........

So I thought (sneakily without my partner knowing I was wanting another cruise) what if I book a return date from USA back to Europe at the end of November. And what a coincidence there are many transatlantic a going from Europe to USA just before our return flight

So I suggested we do a transatlantic cruise back to the USA to get our flight home since it was already booked. My partner agreed and I made it look like his idea. So he thinks he's clever and and has saved money by getting the free airfare had we booked one way.

Anyway.

When should we book the return TA cruise?

On board? Or on shore?

Am I right in thinking we are protected if the price goes down before final payment? I would be upset if the price goes down

Just want to get the best deal

Our cruise is in April so we can book it then if needs be

The Adventure transatlantic is a good price at the moment. If you book with a US TA it includes the beverage package on balcony and above.

In terms of price drop if you book in the US you are safeguarded but not if you book in the UK as UK bookings have much stricter rules

Hi everyone,

We are going to do transatlantic in April from USA to Europe. When we looked at the airfares to get us to the USA it was more expensive to buy a one way than a return........

Sadly it's more expensive for us in Canada to do this as well... I can fly from Heathrow to home one way for about $1900 or I can buy a return ticket for $1050... makes total sense huh! Next year this will be the way to do the TA cruises for us as well

Depending on your preferences... if you book on board you'll get the guaranteed $150 OBC... that could be trumped exponentially if you book with a US TA and get the beverage package thrown in... minimally $700 value for just a 10 day cruise :)

Sadly it's more expensive for us in Canada to do this as well... I can fly from Heathrow to home one way for about $1900 or I can buy a return ticket for $1050... makes total sense huh! Next year this will be the way to do the TA cruises for us as well

Depending on your preferences... if you book on board you'll get the guaranteed $150 OBC... that could be trumped exponentially if you book with a US TA and get the beverage package thrown in... minimally $700 value for just a 10 day cruise :)

It's crazy how the airfares work, it means you ave to do 2 cruises.

We don't drink alcohol just soft drink but if that was free that could be ok, any suggestions of a good us travel agent? Sometimes we are redirected ack to UK websites if trying to book USA fare

It's crazy how the airfares work, it means you ave to do 2 cruises.

We don't drink alcohol just soft drink but if that was free that could be ok, any suggestions of a good us travel agent? Sometimes we are redirected ack to UK websites if trying to book USA fare

I find UK air fares to average £600 return

On choice air, one way flights usually cost about £300

We're not allowed to give TA's names on here

I find UK air fares to average £600 return

On choice air, one way flights usually cost about £300

We're not allowed to give TA's names on here

Oh ok no worries, I was thinking of booking on the ship if we get the price promise f it goes down in price.

We paid 600£ for our airline ticket return including 2 domestic us flights which we were happy with.

Does anyone know if I book our cruise onboard our next cruise will we be price protected?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by price protected. If you make your booking directly with RCI or a TA in US, you can get a price drop if one becomes available, but you have to find that yourself, they do not automatically drop your price if one becomes available. If you see a lower price, you can call and get it before final payment is due.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by price protected. If you make your booking directly with RCI or a TA in US, you can get a price drop if one becomes available, but you have to find that yourself, they do not automatically drop your price if one becomes available. If you see a lower price, you can call and get it before final payment is due.

Yes that's what I meant. I was thinkingof booking the November cruise on our upcoming April cruise. If the price drops then I would call them and get them to adjust it.

Hi

Yes, if you book onboard it's classed as a UK booking, if the price goes down you can claim the refund. We did this last year to justify the airfare, was wonderful doing Adventure TA from San Juan to Malaga in April and then Mariner from Rome to Galveston for 16 great nights in November.

Hi

Yes, if you book onboard it's classed as a UK booking, if the price goes down you can claim the refund. We did this last year to justify the airfare, was wonderful doing Adventure TA from San Juan to Malaga in April and then Mariner from Rome to Galveston for 16 great nights in November.

Excellent, we have return flights from USA to UK in December so we want to do November transatlantic. If we can book on board and get any price differences refunded that would be great. Was it easy to get royal Caribbean to refund the price difference to you?

So I suggested we do a transatlantic cruise back to the USA to get our flight home since it was already booked. My partner agreed and I made it look like his idea. So he thinks he's clever and and has saved money by getting the free airfare had we booked one way

Sounds like a good idea. However if you are looking at one way fares another money saving idea is to look at "Frequent flyer" bonus miles. These often allow you (depends on programme) to book one way fares for half the numebr of miles required. If you dont "frequent fly" you can still purchase the miles which is often a cheap way of obtaining a one way ticket with added flexibility. The downside of these reward redemption tickets is that they can be difficult to obtain on the days you want. April often includes Easter so availability can be very restricted, however with a bit of forward planning and luck, it can work very well. We use it all the time. If you are in the UK look at British airways (Avios).

Archived